New Mosque replaces old in Grimethorpe.

Nope, however when the area they lived in for 50 years became a minority for English people they decided to leave. Such factors as English becoming rarely spoken, more shops catering for Eastern foods rather than English, suffering hostile behaviour from these people who have now taken over an area they grew up in....

So now they are the immigrants hey!

So now they are the immigrants hey!

We all are immigrants here, came on who can say they are 100% British, I mean if you go back to your ancestors you will all find out your not 100% BRITISH

We all are immigrants here, came on who can say they are 100% British, I mean if you go back to your ancestors you will all find out your not 100% BRITISH

Yes love I know that, tell that to the people who say 'our country' blah blah blah.

I'd prefer not to have either wailing OR church bells. They're both noise pollution as far as I'm concerned. Why can't people keep this religeous nonsense to themselves. If I want to get involved I know where to go without them 'advertising.'

My thoughts exactly - to be honest I have lived in various areas of Sheffield and I have never heard a Sunday morning church bell session yet!!! A one off would be fine but every Sunday? Nah, no thanks. As for a call to prayer, if you feel the need to go then go, don't sit and wait for the invitation!

I accept that people have their beliefs, whatever they may be but, just as they don't want my lack of beliefs imposing on them, I don't want their beliefs imposing on me. It does, contrary to popular "beliefs", work both ways..

I really don't understand why people are still bleating on about 'integration'. It hasn't happened, it won't happen. The whole point of having massive immigration into the UK was for the precise purpose of changing the character of the UK. In a similar way - perhaps even in an identical way - other once-stridently white countries in Europe have also allowed such levels of immigration.

The idea is simple: if Europe as a whole has a heterogenous 'global village' philosophy, then it is unlikely that the separate sovereign states will knock the crap out of each other ever again. No more World War I - where the UK and Commonwealth, to quote the statistics of just one of the combatants, lost 800,000 of the most healthy specimens of the human species - and no more nutcases like Adolf Hitler wanting a re-match. (A re-match that cost the UK and Commonwealth about 350,000 dead.)

Integration is not what we ideally want. Such a notion gives the impression that we want the immigrants to be like the jingoistic, gung-ho, 'get's go kill the Hun'- spouting idiots who were led like sheep into the mud-filled trench-networks of Flanders.

The more mosques I see the better I like it.

This thread is descending into a racist rant again- continuation of it will result in closure

Nope, however when the area they lived in for 50 years became a minority for English people they decided to leave. Such factors as English becoming rarely spoken, more shops catering for Eastern foods rather than English, suffering hostile behaviour from these people who have now taken over an area they grew up in....

I think speaking to the individuals involved is enough! I do apologise at not recording said interview :-)

The comment is loosly tied to the topic, more Mosques will drive more folk away from Sheffield which is already happening in parts of the north west

1. If you can't back what you say then IMO you should keep it to yourself, and this individual who is he/she???

2. This MOSQUE is a replacement NOT ANOTHER MOSQUE.

3. Again have you got any proof that people of sheffield are leaving cause of the MOSQUES???

4. Topic closed

Since it was made clear that a call to prayer would NOT be a feature, I don't see why everyone has to waste time and effort ranting about how there should not be a call to prayer?

If I posted a topic "Queens Road is NOT going to be made into a single-lane road" would everyone come running to spout indignantly why Queens road shouldn't be made into a single lane rad?

upholder, you are wrong as usual... it is an accepted form to abbreviate the phrase to that.

I can't get an Arabic script to show up on my computer, in posts on here, or I would post PBUH in full, as that.

Since it was made clear that a call to prayer would NOT be a feature, I don't see why everyone has to waste time and effort ranting about how there should not be a call to prayer?

If I posted a topic "Queens Road is NOT going to be made into a single-lane road" would everyone come running to spout indignantly why Queens road shouldn't be made into a single lane rad?

..at last, the analogy that brings crystal clarity to the debate, the negatives of which are based entirely on a false assumption

..at last, the analogy that brings crystal clarity to the debate, the negatives of which are based entirely on a false assumption

Indeed - the false assumption made by Councillor Drayton who said...

"I think it is a shame we are not going to have a call to prayer. I think it would reflect Sheffield as it is today."

I wonder who else might think that the call to prayer amplified out over the rooftops would reflect Sheffield as it is today :)