New Mosque replaces old in Grimethorpe.

I think you're still missing the references I've made to this, three times now in this thread. Many foreigners died and sacrificed supporting the British way of life..I don't suppose they anticipated that more than 50 years later, their descendants would be embroiled in this kind of argument.

I think you'll find many British have died and are still dying supporting the lives of Foreigners, find another stick to beat the British with, that ones becoming splintered.

And for your information there are many churches and christians in Pakistan so I very much doubt your head will get chopped off with a bread knife if you built a church there. :suspect:

Well said :)

fareast.. what? :wow: it took half an hour for the patrons of the supermarket to make their prayers?

good grief, that's going it some, as it only takes about five, (maybe ten minutes, max if it's a 4-rakah prayer...) to carry out the obligatory prayers.

Well, to be honest, it was a few years ago and I may have misjudged the time. I suppose the staff in the supermarket may have all gone to a nearby mosque and together with having to secure all the doors and re-open them again, it took half an hour all told.

At the school where I taught the children had prayers about noon and they went on for about half an hour. The afternoon prayers were at about 4 & 5 p.m. No idea about the early morning prayers or any other fifth one [ forgotten ! ]. I didn't even realise that prayers took a different length of time. Of course Friday lunch was the main event and in Riyadh's ' Chop ' Square, the public head-chopping off took place after prayers had finished.

p.s above is reply to Plain Talker's point about length of prayer times

If there is a problem parking then they may have double yellow lines on the road....trouble is ...will the police turn a blind eye like they do near owler lane traffic lights on firvale where vans and cars are parked all over the sides of the roads and on the pavements every time i go past ..............as i go past very very slowly in the traffic jam i might add !!!!

I'm sure the Mods would be really grateful if this didn't descend in to another one of SF's 'Islam is bad...oh no it isn't....oh yes it is' threads.

There are plenty of those around already, so give the Mods a break and keep this one on topic?

:)

MOD NOTE

Please keep on topic. The debate is about the building of a new Mosque, NOT the rights or worngs of Islam.

MOD NOTE

Please keep on topic. The debate is about the building of a new Mosque, NOT the rights or worngs of Islam.

Sorry......

I think you'll find many British have died and are still dying supporting the lives of Foreigners, find another stick to beat the British with, that ones becoming splintered.

I wasn't beating anyone with a stick, I was responding to an erroneous statement made by dean1 that somehow people that made sacrifices during WW1 & WWII would be unhappy about multiculturism. However he disregarded the fact that sacrifices where made by many people that fought for this country, not just British and not just Christians.

Referring to the OP specifically, the mosque is replacing an existing one that isn't suitable for it's surroundings. There will be no call to prayer and I don't believe the Muslim community have ever requested it, so the negative arguments that followed the OP were based on a false assumption.

MOD NOTE

Please keep on topic. The debate is about the building of a new Mosque,

Well actually it was about the readiness of a certain Councillor to appease and appeal to a minority, rather than consider the wishes of the majority.

Councillors need to be mindful of the needs of everybody in their wards, - not just the ones they believe might vote for them.

Well, to be honest, it was a few years ago and I may have misjudged the time. I suppose the staff in the supermarket may have all gone to a nearby mosque and together with having to secure all the doors and re-open them again, it took half an hour all told.

At the school where I taught the children had prayers about noon and they went on for about half an hour. The afternoon prayers were at about 4 & 5 p.m. No idea about the early morning prayers or any other fifth one [ forgotten ! ]. I didn't even realise that prayers took a different length of time. Of course Friday lunch was the main event and in Riyadh's ' Chop ' Square, the public head-chopping off took place after prayers had finished.

p.s above is reply to Plain Talker's point about length of prayer times

yes the prayers at different times of day are of different lengths...

the Dawn prayer (Fajr) is a 2-rak'ah length prayer (one rak'ah is one circuit? cycle?)

the next prayer, at midday (the Dhuhr prayer) is a 4-rakah prayer

'Asr, (late afternoon) is also a 4-rak'ah prayer

the next prayer is prayed at sunset, (Maghrib) which is a 3-rak'ah prayer.

then last thing at night, the night prayer, - 'Isha- is prayed, which is another 4-rak'ah prayer.

MOD NOTE

Hmm :D Nice to see mods are human hehe