What are your experiences of Sod's law?

Sod's Law says that if you butter a number of slices of bread and throw them up in the air, they will land with the butter side down (especially if you have an expensive carpet!).

A team of scientists set out to test Sod's Law--they buttered hundreds of slices of bread and tossed them up. They all landed butter side up. That proved Sod's Law perfectly...

Excellent :D

Like when you go buy something and your looking on the shelf and the 1 thing you want they dont have it in stock NEVER

Murphy's Law: If anything can go wrong it will go wrong.

Murphy's Second Law: Even if it can't go wrong, it will go wrong.

Murphy's Third Law: Even if nothing goes wrong, someone will mess it up and make it go wrong.

They're believed to date back to rocket-sled testing in the late '40s and early '50s, but nobody can prove their provenance.

I see Sod's law as something going wrong where the chances of it happening are extrememly slim yet it does anyway.

Things that occur regularly for me is when I try on a pair of jeans that I really like and they're either too big/small so I go to get a different size and they have every other size in stock apart from the size I want!

Or I think the worst thing I've done is laugh at my mate for putting his mobile phone in the washing machine and then a few hours later after searching for my phone for ages realise that I've done the same thing! I guess that could be perceived as karma though :P

-Michael

*At work if I

1: Sit on the lav

2: make a drink

3: cook my dinner

Somebody comes in for something - usually trivial - but always outstays their welcome.

In order to get in they have to repeatedly ring the doorbell - why do they do this??? :mad:

Especially annoying when the bomb bay doors are open :hihi:

That's funny! :hihi:

Now isn't there something about the toast/butter law and it all landing on the cat? :huh:

:

Perpetual motion machine - tie a slice of buttered toast to the back of a cat and push it off the table.

The cat/toast hybrid will spin permanently as the toast must land buttered side down, and the cat must land on its feet.