Educational Drugs Tour

Is anyone aware of any individuals or organisations that do educational drug talks to school kids? I remember when I was at school we had a reformed addict come round to the school to do a talk to the kids. And that’s exactly what im looking for, a reformed addict who is open enough to talk about his/her experiences to kids.

If anyone is aware or has any contacts please drop me and message or reply.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure if they are still going but NASDAP have done some for the kids in our area in the past. (North Sheffield Drug and Alcohol Project). Another place to try would be SHED.

I'm sure when I was at school we had the police come round and do one. Not sure who you'd contact, but you could ring West Bar police station on the non-emergency number and ask (don't know what the number is, sorry).

Shed do alot of courses and are very good they bring alot of the paraphernalia that goes with drug use. They can be contacted on 0114 272 9164

SHED/Turning Point have a team of educators.. They can deliver sessions for under 19s and also sessions for teachers/keyworkers etc. Quality is excellent and young people were really engaged.

Shed do alot of courses and are very good they bring alot of the paraphernalia that goes with drug use. They can be contacted on 0114 272 9164

SHED are brill and i have them into school to do drugs/alcohol lessons. They also allow kids to visit SHED for educational purposes

Thanks everyone the info was great, im just in process of getting in touch with SHED now. Do reformed addicts work with SHED or is just a team of trained staff? Iam actually after fully reformed addicts, and heroin addicts in particular. The project is for a short educational film for south yorkshire police, hopefully to be used as a tool in schools and other educational purposes.

Thanks again

Thanks everyone the info was great, im just in process of getting in touch with SHED now. Do reformed addicts work with SHED or is just a team of trained staff? Iam actually after fully reformed addicts, and heroin addicts in particular. The project is for a short educational film for south yorkshire police, hopefully to be used as a tool in schools and other educational purposes.

Thanks again

if you find them can you pass on contact details as i'm wanting this for a drugs lesson

thanks! x

Are there many teachers on here who may have had reformed addicts in their schools doing talks? And would a hard hitting video also be of interest to schools?

Thanks

Whatever happened to the old 'Just say no' advice. It was good advice and a simple message to understand.

But unfortunately doesn't work, but thats a whole new thread. Back to the topic, how many events/workshops would a school have in a year for drugs awareness? and do you think more could be offered?

Kids today would probably just go and ask the "reformed addict" for a list of his/hers dealers that they used to get their gear from. Refer a friend discount too, probably.