Sign in to follow this  

Help wanted for approximate bills....

Hi everybody,

it is really the jungle to find a good shared house !!! we are 3 french guys who will go to SHU in september and we are looking for a shared house with minimum 4 and maximum 5/6 bedrooms.

BUT the problem is that i don't know what to prefer :

a £35/week/bedroom house with no bills included,

or a £40/45 with all included....

the problem is that i have no idea about the bills that i can have in a 5 bedrooms house for water/electricty/gas.... furthermore, this depend on the central heating if it's electric or gas....

when all bills are included it's better because you don't have to think about it, but £40 instead of £35 it's £1000 more for a year...

so do you think that all of our bills will be less than £1000 for a year ?

and please, could you give me some example of your bills if you are/were in a shared house....

thanks a lot !!!

Olivier

xxxxxxxxxxx

thanks a lot, i dind't think about this problem :lol:

I once let a house in heeley for a while to a spanish student who did a runner back to spain leaving a host of unpaid bills. I had a mass of haggling to do with the council, gas, water etc. to get out of having to pay them myself!

Go for £40 ish all included... it's about the best deal you'll get plus you'll not end up arguing over who put the fire on for too long come the winter.