Who to choose - Winkworths/Blundells?

I would not use Blundells or as we call them Blunders, a complete waste of time for the sellers & for the Buyers

thing is Winkworths overprice property , I've never had any problems with Blundells and have either bought or sold 7 houses with them , but for the last two have used ELR , depends where you are really . You will find certain estate agents perform better than others in certain areas.

decided on who to use to sell ours by how helpful the estate agents were to us as buyers, if that makes sense, cos if we felt happy buying from them, then surely we should feel happy them selling for us.

Haybrooks sold for us, blundells told us to expect nearly 25% less than what we eventually were offered, and i thought their valuer was arrogant.

I dont know if Lewis Wadsworth are still in business, but i would'nt trust them to sell a glass of water to a thirsty man. (my opinion not that of sheffield forum). have also heard that some branches of Halifax dont seem interested in promoting a property as well as other ones.

We bought through Bairstow Eves. They were very helpful and managed to save our purchase from falling through when all looked very gloomy. Would recommend them to anyone. Friendly advise and a smile when you call in go a long way to making you feel happy with their service.

Recently wnet to Blundells to talk with their mortgage advisor about a possible move and found their whole team to be very arrogant and off putting. Dont think i would use them in a hurry.

decided on who to use to sell ours by how helpful the estate agents were to us as buyers, if that makes sense, cos if we felt happy buying from them, then surely we should feel happy them selling for us.

Yeah, the problem is, they're ALL helpful while they're trying to get your business - it's the bit after that concerns me!

Haybrooks sold for us, blundells told us to expect nearly 25% less than what we eventually were offered, and i thought their valuer was arrogant.

Yep, must have been the same young lad we had. He definitely put me off - very arrogant indeed.

have also heard that some branches of Halifax dont seem interested in promoting a property as well as other ones.

Halifax overpriced ours by a good £5k. Wouldn't go with them.

We ended up going for Winkworths as the lesser evil of four. We'll see how it goes. Thanks everyone.

We have sold/selling through Blundells. We chose them after comparing the different agents in our area. Blundells were the only ones to show any real interest in selling - very thorough (and good) sales pitch and then a detailed inspection of the property. Their costs were more, but then I felt like they wre more likely to sell the property. and they did, for the asking price within a week.

We are also buying through Blundells and our experiance has been a bit hit and miss. Arranging viewings and then giving feedback has been very straight forward, but dealing with our offers haven't been. I think, as with everything, you get good and bad people. One negotiaor was quite good at ringing back, but others I had to chase and chase to get any updates on our offer progress. It got quite frustrating and I'm sure that it costs some sellers in potential sales..

Plus they were very fast to start ramping up the price - even before talking through offers that had been made - and the checks they perform to assess your financial viability (as appartently they must do under the EA act) were little more than MortgageTalk sales pitches..

Plus - I was refused access to a HIP, twice (apparently they would only let me see them after a sale was agreed ?!??). This is just a little bit illegal (but then I suppose that HIPS are still fairly new) - I had to speak to the negotiator direct to get that sorted..

Apart from that they are ok - however i think that we could well have sold just as quickly through another agent. We had a house that people wanted to buy and I don;t think the EA made that much difference.

Blundels under valued ours by £20,000 and we did not like his cocky

attitude. So went with winkworth and sold for the exact value. If we had gone with blundels we would have lost 20,000. No complaints with winkworths not that any estate agents earns their

money. :D

Which is the better way to be robbed, a knife point or gun point? Tricky?

Blundells have more appeal to me as a potential buyer, they certainly appear more professional (website, etc.) then Winkworths.

I'm going to be putting my house on the market, and have narrowed down my choice of sellers to either Winkworths or Blundells.

Anyone had good or bad experiences with either please - obviously nothing liablous to be posted, just your opinion...?

Thanks.

When choosing an estate agent, you will not find one that is fully satisfactory. It's a case of finding the best of a bad bunch.

I have just sold a house in Woodseats with Winkworths. Apart from a few minor niggles, I have been quite satisfied.

A friend of mine was bidding on a house which was a repossession and being sold by W H Brown. He was told his offer had been rejected. Anyhow, when the public notice went in the Property Guide, informing anyone who wanted to increase on the offer which they had accepted, to contact them. He phoned W H Brown and offered another £2000 over the price they had accepted, but they did not even bother to contact him and to let him know if or why his offer of another £2000 had been rejected.

:)

Hi

Have just sold through blundelsl for the 5th time wouldnt use any other. Daughter used winkworths last year and didnt have a good word to say.

good luck whoever you choose

We sold through Blundells and although we had a few teething problems we used this to our advantage and negotiated a lower fee. Our sales negotiator was really helpful and gave really good advice for our purchase despite it being with another agent.