Wagamama coming to Sheff

Sakushi .....Great news about a proper sushi restaurant opening in the city centre. We love going to Wasabisabi (good but pricey) and will definitely go to Sakushi - I think there's a market for decent sushi in the city centre. It makes a change from the usual chains - last time I ate at Yo Sushi, I didn't rate it.

Whats so great about Wagamama's anyway?

I'll second that.

Damn right - sounds spot on. And near my office too...!

Sakushi .....Great news about a proper sushi restaurant opening in the city centre. We love going to Wasabisabi (good but pricey) and will definitely go to Sakushi - I think there's a market for decent sushi in the city centre. It makes a change from the usual chains - last time I ate at Yo Sushi, I didn't rate it.

It will have to be reasonably priced. Most Sheffielders wont want to pay much for a scrap of fish and some sticky rice

YAY - love Wagamamma's i know its a chain but the food is yummers! always good to go with girlfriends before a night out coz you can light soups etc

Wagamama is mostly about branding, and I guess it just caught onto this "hip", "young" and "urban" image. That is all! There used to be another chain called "Tampopo" in Manchester when I was a student, and this was pants. A lot of my friends would say that it is nothing special because we could cook better than that at home. A lot of instant noodles repackages to be considered as some kind of great food. Pah.

To me, it is a fusion of food. A basic concept of simple stripped down meals which is actually seen as cheap street food in other countries to then be branded without much culinary skills in a very modern setting in this country.

I actually champion a lot of the independent restaurant who now actually move on to compete again such chains.

Dining used to be, "going out for a meal that I cannot possibly cook at home". Nowadays, it more of a case of, "I need to eat, and this is the best place for an average meal cos I'm so busy".

Just seen on their website that Wagamama is opening a restaurant in Sheffield:clap: - heard a rumour it might be in Leopold Square - anyone know if this is true?

It was my favourite restaurant when I lived in Manchester so I'm well happy we're getting one here!

I heard this news sometime in March last year & I am still waiting for its opening here in Sheffield.

Opens on the 24th April, just got our preview tickets through :)

Opens on the 24th April, just got our preview tickets through :)

Yep, me too :)

Dear all,

Sakushi is opening on campo lane at the bottom end of west street just next to the Cathedral. It is not called nushi that is the company name and it has nothing to do with Nooshi of leeds.

Sakushi you could say is Yo!/wagamma but the food is hand made and the Chef is a japanese master with 30 years experience. So its actually the opposite when it comes down to authenticity and food quality, so they dont really compare just the principle of a noodle and sushi bar!

It is being built at the present time and the interior is modern and very classy.

You will have the option to sit at a conveyorbelt or sit at the restaurant tables for a longer more relaxed meal. The menu consists of 50+ dishes of sushi at the belt and you can order many other traditional side dishes like chicken yakitori. Also dont forget you can order big bowls of noodles to.

So if you want real japanses food in a upmarket environment than get down to Sakushi when it is opens. We are hoping late april or early may.

Website under construction but keep checking

Regards

Good luck with this, can't wait until we get the opportunity to try it out.

Keep us all posted on opening date!

Ade