Wagamama coming to Sheff

Also agree with the above review. We went today, food was nice, but meals arriving at different times isn't, when you're out eating as a couple. Neither is being squashed next to strangers.

On a minor point, I also didn't like the idea of the public coathanging, so no security for your coat and no chair back to hang it over.

Again, food nice, but design of restaurant means I wouldn't go there again for a meal; plenty of places offer just as good food and prices, and manage to present two meals together, and let you sit in your own groupings.

Went for the preview meal.

Food was nice and arrived a few minutes apart, fruit juice was fantastic. Staff were to quick to take away plates and glasses and it felt like the staff were watching to see if you had nearly finished as if they wanted to get rid of you quickly. Did not like the fact you were sat next to other people on uncomfortable benches - was looking forward to leaving as my back side was going numb by the end of the meal. Because of the seating arangements there was not much room on the table for the food without putting it infront of the person next to you. Would not go again just because of the seating arangement , impossible to have a conversation at the table or spread food out.

The biggest disappointment is basically the restaurant design itself. When the chain started, their branches (notably the one near Piccadilly Circus) were architectural treats: clever, minimalist and well detailed. The Leopold Square complex has that depressing air about it that so many new Sheffield developments or refurbs have: the whole development has been clumsily converted from an old school with no attention to detail and absolutely joy in those little bits that make a building really beautiful to be in. ::

Totally agree on that :thumbsup:

Been today and I have to say that yes the staff are new but if anyone is reading this from Wagamama then please tell your staff to stop hovering around customers.

If I want you I will come and speak to you or talk to you when you walk past. Go and spend some time at the branch in Manchester and you will see what I mean (i.e. they leave you alone!).

Also don't jump on us and ask us what we want to drink within 2 seconds of people sitting down.

Going to try the noodle bar at west one on monday as hear this is better.

I also went to one of the preview nights. food was served quickly, and we were lucky that ours came within 5 minutes of each other. Seating wasn't that bad, although I did feel a bit uncomfortable being able to hear other people's conversations, and them mine.

I had chilli beef ramen huge portion, i took 45 minutes to eat it, and had to give up in the end! very nice, but im not sure i would go again and pay the full price. However wagamama often have 2 for 1 offers, so i would maybe be tempted again.

Not going to mona at a free meal and drinks though, wish more places would do it!

Have to say I don't agree with most of the criticism here. I've been to quite a few Wagas in London and the Manchester one and Sheffield's new addition is at least equal to them. I didn't go to the free preview but was very pleased with the food and the staff. Desserts were excellent! :D

Must say I prefer Wasabisabi food, but Leopold Sq is nicer to visit than London Rd.

I was very disappointed to hear that there might not be a wagamamas in Sheffield after all the previous discussion on SF, so I was really, really pleased (yes I am a sad person) when I saw it today on my way to the tram stop.

And even better, that we will be getting a sushi place in town too :)

Fantastic news! :clap:

Went for the preview meal.

Food was nice and arrived a few minutes apart, fruit juice was fantastic. Staff were to quick to take away plates and glasses and it felt like the staff were watching to see if you had nearly finished as if they wanted to get rid of you quickly. Did not like the fact you were sat next to other people on uncomfortable benches - was looking forward to leaving as my back side was going numb by the end of the meal. Because of the seating arangements there was not much room on the table for the food without putting it infront of the person next to you. Would not go again just because of the seating arangement , impossible to have a conversation at the table or spread food out.

My only experience of Wagamama was going into one in London, sitting down with my wife, then walking out again without ordering as neither of us liked the seating arrangement on uncomfortable benches. We had had a long day in London and wanted somewhere comfortable to sit and have a meal.

Is the bench and long table arrangement something all Wagagmama branches have?

I went yesterday. I was excited that wagamama was coming as I had been before and I love love love noodles.

I think the seating is fine, it's as it would be in the noodle places in Japan and I don't think you're meant to linger so it's fine (for me) that it's not dead comfy. Utilitarian I guess is the word?

Didn't really notice if the skirting boards were cheap! But I'll have a look next time.

Overall, I liked it but didn't LOVE it. I think the ingredients (especially the salad) could have been fresher. Quite a bit fresher.

The service was fine - although I'd forgotten that annoying thing they do writing on your paper tablemat. What's that all about then? Pointless and irritating.

I'd probably go back once more to try another dish - but I was slightly disappointed. It's a shame ... my quest for noodles continues!

My only experience of Wagamama was going into one in London, sitting down with my wife, then walking out again without ordering as neither of us liked the seating arrangement on uncomfortable benches. We had had a long day in London and wanted somewhere comfortable to sit and have a meal.

Is the bench and long table arrangement something all Wagagmama branches have?

Yes it is, it's a fast food noodle place, not a comfy restaurant.

Cheap restaurant prices, and a higher class of fast food than most places that carry that description.