Shiregreen school aka bracken hill school

I went to the nursery then attended the first and middle school, The head teachers I remember are Mrs Gorrol sp? in the first school, Mr Booth in the second school. I was there between 80/87.

I remember when the park behind the school was built, we spent most our break times on the park. I also remember the quarry where we used to collect frog spawn.

Mrs Gorrell was the head mistress back in 77 when i attended & in the 2nd school i clearly remember Mr Sanderson as the head teacher a tall fella with curly hair & a tache.

I remember Mr Priest (rotten git) in the juniors approx 1965, also Mr Wilkinson , he was a big bloke with gingerish hair , he was ok. Do you remember any of the teachers in the

senior school around that time ?. Mr Broadhead (deputy head) mr Naylor (sports)

Miss Bennet (english) Mr Burgin (woodwork) Mr Thorrold (maths) and good old Mr Lingard,

Mr Priest was a peach compared to Lingard.

can only remember mr priest probably the reason for this is probably because he used to dig fingers into your back when he was behind you for talking, also throw the chalk at you, and some times the board rubber. my mum also went up to see him about this. Was around 1775/76

Mark 1971 did you know my brothers Gary or Mark Bilton off daffodil rd ?

i went to nursery, infants and middle here between 83 and 90, i remember mr booth, mrs west and mrs french. there were several fires while i was at these schools which wiped out the dining halls i also remember the wall at the bottom of the yard that seperated the yard from the field/quarry and one of my friends falling off on the high side and breaking her arm. i also remember playing wigi(sp) board in the libary but i do remeber seeing an old man in a rocking chair in the attick of the middle school at night while i was there with the majorettes, unfortunately the door was locked. i was always told it was and hospital/asylum in the first world war but before that it was an orpanage, i don't know how much truth there is in this but that was the story i heard

can only remember mr priest probably the reason for this is probably because he used to dig fingers into your back when he was behind you for talking, also throw the chalk at you, and some times the board rubber. my mum also went up to see him about this. Was around 1775/76

Mark 1971 did you know my brothers Gary or Mark Bilton off daffodil rd ?

Are they twins or do they look alike?if so then i will remember them but i didn't know them personally.

no they were nt twins and didnt look alike, were the twins you remember the carnalls from 70 daffodil , they were called sean n andrew had brothers gary and mark, then they moved onto the corner of blue bell across from the spooky house, and i think there mum n dad still there now.

no they were nt twins and didnt look alike, were the twins you remember the carnalls from 70 daffodil , they were called sean n andrew had brothers gary and mark, then they moved onto the corner of blue bell across from the spooky house, and i think there mum n dad still there now.

Yes that's the family i was thinking of,i remember the twins riding around on raliegh Grifters one silver & one blue.Me & Gary were in the same classback in 79/80.

gary was at my brothers house not long back.

If my memory serves me right Gary was into judo

anyone remeber mr innman

Oh yes i think he was the deputy head.

i think gary and my brother did judo at concord for a while. I remember mr Inman, he was deputy head when i was there.