The Windsor pub Wybourn

i remember going in the windsor 40 yrs ago to see my sister who married a local whos family lived across rd,there was an old woman who had lice running up her back and people were laughing and taking bets,on which lice would win, i have passed the pub many times over to visit an aunt who lived on maltravers cres and died last year age 96 who would not leave the wybourn for all the tea in china and had many many good neighbours who looked out for her,the majoroty of people on the wybourn are good decent people who would not step inside the windsor with the low life who use it now ,my opinion sorry:confused:

No need to be sorry for an opinion...but plenty of what you call decent people do still go in there and mix quite well with what you call low lifes...most of the decent people you are talking about who wouldnt step in there would probably not step in many other pubs either its nothing to do with it being the windsor,its pubs in general everywhere...one thing though i wouldnt call anyone i didnt know a low life

Thats just my opinion but i am not sorry for it :)

I used to live 20 yards away from it, there were fights outside the pub and the takeaway every sodding weekend...

Just like outside alot of other pubs and takeaways all over the country then,sadly thats life :(

Just like outside alot of other pubs and takeaways all over the country then,sadly thats life :(
the police do not ask lightly for a licsence to be revoked if a pub is frequented with gun toting drug dealers it wants shutting end of story:suspect:

the police do not ask lightly for a licsence to be revoked if a pub is frequented with gun toting drug dealers it wants shutting end of story:suspect:

A pub can be closed on the spot if guns/drugs etc are found on the premises...so whats this tell you?

Oh dear they havent got any evidence lol or they wouldn't need to apply for it to be closed.No one has even been arrested landlord/landlady etc which they would have if the police had any proof af anything at all about them supposed to be dealing drugs etc from the pub.

END OF STORY :)

I agree with you yes time will tell :)

The reason i made comments in the first place is because i know a lot more than the bits people read in the paper because they are my family so i get alot more info,i know none of them have been arrested for anything mentioned in the star...i admit there has been alot of trouble in the pub lately but alot of the trouble has been against the landlord and landlady.landlords range rover shot at outside his home just after he got out/then burntout another night,threats etc

Tell you what though it takes guts to try to run a pub on a council estate like the windsor i guarantee most people wouldnt last more than one night they would be terrified,to be honest most people wouldnt dare enter just for one drink let alone try to run the place...but no one gives anyone credit for trying to keep a local pub open not just the windsor but local pubs everywhere,management and staff of pubs can not be blamed for everything that goes on there,there is only so much they can do :( remember they also have to live local to the people who use the pub so you have be be fair and try to get on with people the best you can.

Licence hearing was yesterday by the way :)

Hi Chancherie,

When you say,

"Tell you what though it takes guts to try to run a pub on a council estate like the windsor i guarantee most people wouldnt last more than one night they would be terrified,to be honest most people wouldnt dare enter just for one drink let alone try to run the place..."

I guess they wanted to try and turn the pub around.

When they took it over i heard so many people say it wouldnt work and i said they will turn it round, i know they will.

Something went horribly wrong.

Its a shame.

I hope it works out for them.

Thank you :) people can only try their best but sometimes its just not good enough :( hopefully it will all work out in the end fingers crossed :)

Thanks again China

it looks like another hard working couple have gone to the wall

they have 21 days to appeal the decision to shut the pub

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Time-called-on-crimehit-Sheffield.3830091.jp

i think a lot of the blame for any complaints must lay with the police,if they had put in a better presence things wouldnt have gone as far as some are saying they did,the star says neighbours have been to frightened to give their names when making complaints,this points to the police not acting to arrest the people who were causing the fights or noise,a patrol around closing time and one every half hour or so after would have gone a long way to preventing the pub closure,there must have been those on a regular patrol round the area that could have attended and used it as a base for reaching other parts of the wybourn so i cant see as the usual responce of lack of officers would apply

the pub is one i havent used to often,but i did use the manor hotel in the eighties when it had a similar reputation that i can honestly say was built up out of proportion by the press,just to sell papers

it's a pity.

the licensees are simply being ousted, so what's gonna happen? the place 'll be empty, (despite All the money they've spent on doing the inside up, and their hard work making it a going concern) it's going to become yet another derelict, neglected building, and a focus for the "undesireables" to smash up. wonderful.

Yes hes got 21 days to appeal,hes been told to get as many people as he can as whitnesses who would like to see the pub stay open etc and up to now there are hundreds wanting it to stay open so we will just have to wait and see what happens:) they have put a very lot money into the pub and it would be a shame for them to lose that :(

I also remember the manor hotel very well,also it was named a britains roughest boozer by the news of the world i think at one time...but i never thought it was half as bad as people made it out to be,like you said it sells papers the nastier a place sounds more people want to read about it :(

I live near the byards leap pub which no doubt you will have heard of,its been closed down more times than i can remember but allways opens up again...if curt and nat lose the windsor someone else will take over in a month or 2 and all the problems will return...like you i think the whole situation could be handled different like more patrols at closing etc.