The Windsor pub Wybourn

Let's face it it's been a long time coming, good riddance to bad rubbish!

The place does look alot better granted, but I know people who live close to the Windsor and they are always complaining of the place smelling of drugs, lock in until 7am and constant fights.

I used to live across the road from it myself so I know that people are always coming out fighting but aparently it's getting worse.

Police have had 32 complaints in a short period of time and it is them that have taken the issue to Sheffield Licencing board. This will consist of licensing officers, councillors, solicitors and police etc. The owners will be able to make their case as to why they think there pub should stay open but I think as long as the police don't pull out, the place will be closed by this thursday.

Bloody hell! Its always been a bit rough, but yardies and gangster crap, really hit the bottom then now eh!

invite all the yardies and druggies etc to a lock in, lock em in and throw the key away!

the star says it is a yardie run pub

Yardies, as in "Jamaican gangs?"

The last time I called in there, to see my father (it's his local) which was only about three weeks ago, the LL and LLady were white local people. The bar staff are all white local people... erm :confused:

I think you will find plain talker that if it aint a yardie pub just yet then it will only be a matter of time.

As I understand it the landlord has been having a lot of trouble recently.

He used to have a Range Rover but it got damaged badly and it may well be there is a bit of an attempt take over bid going on in the background.:rolleyes:

mmmm sounds like such a nice place, cant work out why the police would want to shut it down!!! where can we go for cocktails now? :D

go home you /sad/:evil:

According to a resident that lives near The Windsor, there were police outside only a few days ago talking to the Landlady, searching her car and then finally towing it away! Could this be drugs??? Probably as they found tackle for growing marijuana in their home a few weeks ago!

For the old locals, it is still a nice pub, but to the people living close to it, having to walk past all the druggies to get to the shop? It isn't a nice place whatsoever!!!

You seem to know alot about what's going on with the Windsor, Sara1312..

You said you used to live across the road from the Windsor, what's your connection to the place now ??

Just wondering..

I grew up on the Wybourn and still know alot of people on there who fil me in on things. I also read the Star and their front page was all about it yesturday.

mmmm sounds like such a nice place, cant work out why the police would want to shut it down!!! where can we go for cocktails now? :D

LOL! "Good evening, stout guardian of the bar. May I have one of your finest Pimms, with a dash of lemonade and be sure not to forget a hearty wedge of cucumber."

[Thwack!!]

If its the building I think it is you can see what look like lots of cop cars and people hanging about the wall in the Google Earth view! Is it that building? Dont know how to post a link. Used post code S2 5FS