The Windsor pub Wybourn

How do people feel about police trying to get The Windsor pub closed down?

How do people feel about police trying to get The Windsor pub closed down?

Why??:suspect:

Personally I think it would be a shame to close the old place down. I grew up on the wybourn, and the windsor was my local, I have many happy memories in there!

Some of my friends still go in there, and the place looks much better now.

The place does look alot better granted, but I know people who live close to the Windsor and they are always complaining of the place smelling of drugs, lock in until 7am and constant fights.

I used to live across the road from it myself so I know that people are always coming out fighting but aparently it's getting worse.

Police have had 32 complaints in a short period of time and it is them that have taken the issue to Sheffield Licencing board. This will consist of licensing officers, councillors, solicitors and police etc. The owners will be able to make their case as to why they think there pub should stay open but I think as long as the police don't pull out, the place will be closed by this thursday.

are the complaints against the people who use the pub on a regular basis,or are they about the dross that hang about outside? i had to call in last year on family buisiness,the taxi driver refused to drop me outside due to druggies,i walked from the manor lodge to get to the pub,there were dozens of people sat on the wall waiting for a car to pull up,when it did pull up they all ran to it,bought what they wanted then sat on the wall sorting themselves out,i doubt the police were called for trouble inside the pub on many occasions but called for the trouble outside it more often than not

the star says it is a yardie run pub

mmmm sounds like such a nice place, cant work out why the police would want to shut it down!!! where can we go for cocktails now? :D

are the complaints against the people who use the pub on a regular basis,or are they about the dross that hang about outside? i had to call in last year on family buisiness,the taxi driver refused to drop me outside due to druggies,i walked from the manor lodge to get to the pub,there were dozens of people sat on the wall waiting for a car to pull up,when it did pull up they all ran to it,bought what they wanted then sat on the wall sorting themselves out,i doubt the police were called for trouble inside the pub on many occasions but called for the trouble outside it more often than not

According to the paper today, the owners are drug dealers themselves and tax avaders, so more than likely there has been trouble inside the pub too, since the last new landlord took over.

is this the sort of establishment where one can enjoy a glass of fine cask ale in an ambient atmosphere whilst chatting pleasantly with the locals?

is this the sort of establishment where one can enjoy a glass of fine cask ale in an ambient atmosphere whilst chatting pleasantly with the locals?

Er, unlikely. In fairness, the last time I went in was about 15 years ago on a "Wards Crawl" type thing. It was just rough and ready, and a touch parochial.

I've been in worse places, but I can't comment on it now.

The question really is if they close the pub down were do the little charmers go to inflict there misery then.

closing the pub just moves the problem.

The police need to clean the area of the problem and let the decent people have there pub/area back.

the star says it is a yardie run pub

Yardies dare venture onto the Wybourn,what next Triads on Manor