Wedding entertainment

I am an experienced violinist in the Sheffield area, and have played for many weddings, birthdays and special occasions, in a string quartet or as a soloist.

My rates are competitive. Feel free to PM me for more information.

Many thanks,

Miriam

Im sure alot of you will find that when booking a hotel they will insist you have thier resident DJ.

This is fine if you are happy to go along with that choice, but what I don't agree with is the price they charge, as you will find that most will add thier bit on and add vat on your total bill, most DJ's are not vat registered so you are paying tax what you don't have to.

One thing you can ask is why you have to have thier DJ, the most probable answer is liability insurance, a few of us do have liability insurance, for example I'm covered upto £5 million, and all equipment is pat tested to the legal requirement.

So if you know of a DJ who has liability insurance this can save you quite a lot of money.

the biggest advantage for the venue with a resident dj is that everything is set up.

in my day we used to turn up plug the decks in and away went, in the working mens clubs we used to plug into the pa.system for some of our events so only the mixer and decks were needed.

the in house dj @ Aston Hall has a full lighting rig and system set up - so if you use him the jobs set up for you, if you use someone else who's gonna take the resident rig down.

the biggest advantage for the venue with a resident dj is that everything is set up.

in my day we used to turn up plug the decks in and away went, in the working mens clubs we used to plug into the pa.system for some of our events so only the mixer and decks were needed.

the in house dj @ Aston Hall has a full lighting rig and system set up - so if you use him the jobs set up for you, if you use someone else who's gonna take the resident rig down.

The in house DJ's don't have a permanent set up, this is because the rooms are used for conferences in the day, and I know that for sure at Aston Hall, The wedding gusts don't have to set the gear up lol, and it's upto the resident DJ to remove his mobile set up

Our venue have a retainer arrangement with their resident DJ so if we don't have him we have to pay £95 anyway. He's £195 in total I think. Not sure If we pay the venue or pay him direct.

Our venue have a retainer arrangement with their resident DJ so if we don't have him we have to pay £95 anyway. He's £195 in total I think. Not sure If we pay the venue or pay him direct.

Why is there a retainer? ask to see the contract between hotel and DJ. I would like to bet part of that is the profit the hotel would make by you havin thier DJ.

I will also be that there is no written contract between any hotel and DJ.

I know I been in the business long enough

You might be right but they do have events most weekends for which they need the DJ so I think the retainer is to make sure that he is available every Friday and Saturday all year. We've heard him before and he's quite good so we aren't too worried.

You might be right but they do have events most weekends for which they need the DJ so I think the retainer is to make sure that he is available every Friday and Saturday all year. We've heard him before and he's quite good so we aren't too worried.

Thats great if you are happy with with that, the reason I said ask to look at the contract between hotel and DJ, is because there won't be one.

The point I'm makingis that for your big day you should be able to have whatever you want, without a hotel saying "you can only have our DJ" or "yes you can bring your own, but you will have to pay us £95.

I'm sure many people have experienced this, and it's because the hotel is wanting to squeeze that few more quid out of your pocket.

I am part of a string quartet and play for many weddings/birthdays, other special occasions.

We have a vast range of music, and often play requested music too.

Please PM me if you would like more information.

I also think you should consider hiring a magician. It is a great ice-breaker. Absolutely perfect for weddings.

Actually I have had the opportunity of seeing quite a few magicians in action over the years, having attended numerous corporate events and trade shows during the course of my work.

Of all the magicians I have seen so far, from a shear technical content point of view, the most memorable has to be a local magician called Nigel Francis.

I have seen him at several events now, including the City Hall, Cutlers Hall and twice at Baldwin's Omega.

I specifically remember him performing some really mindblowing stuff with coins as well as some very clever card tricks.

A friend of mine saw him do a demo at the Doncaster Racecourse Wedding Fayre last month and booked him on site. I am also considering getting him to work on my company's "Trade Show Exhibition Stand" later this year.

For a totally professional service call Bear Entertainments on 07985 713763 or Email [email protected]

We can offer an evening of entertainment tailored to suit all your requirments.

From Back ground Music to The First Dance through to the Last Dance.

We curently hold over 160,000 music tracks ranging from the 50's to present day

We offer a personal service and advice and come to meet with you to discuss how YOU want your BIG DAY to go.

We are able to call upon the services of a range of Sheffields Top DJ's

Fully insured up to 5 Million pounds and PAT tested

Having worked at:

The Cutlers Hall

Marriot Hotel

Tapton Hall

Lose Hill Hall

The Rutland Hotel

and many more

We have the expertise to ensure the best party for you and your guests.

If your tip prooves to be the wrong image or they are booked then I am a professional close up magician from Sheffield. My website provides lots of information & photos of me performing.

Russ

http://www.smartmagic.co.uk