Wedding entertainment

If you already have the tunes on an ipod/laptop/cd player, don't bother with a DJ, you can rent some speakers/lights cheaper!

If you already have the tunes on an ipod/laptop/cd player, don't bother with a DJ, you can rent some speakers/lights cheaper!

The only caveat I'd add there is that PA hire can be expensive. They would certainly need a PA of sorts, and someone to set it up, which would potentially be as expensive as a DJ to do this for them. Particularly if you're looking at lighting too.

I wouldn't recommend trying to set up anything other than the most basic of mixers and PAs without knowledge of how it works personally. I've seen too many people mess it up.

Just my thoughts on it though.

I agree, plus it would mean one of our guests having to set it all up and make sure the songs get played.

Hello everyone.

You cannot substitute an Ipod or sound system for a real DJ. I’m aware that some people are moving towards this option but it just doesn’t work and can potentially spoil an event. You need a professional to handle the music, the crowd, keep the dance floor full and everyone happy.

How are you going to create a party atmosphere? I really can’t see 100 people dancing around an Ipod dock or 100 watt sound system. You need music that you can hear and feel with ambient lighting.

In addition, who will be elected to handle requests all night and manage the music? It’s much harder than you think.

There are many amateur DJs out there who just use a laptop, buy a cheap set of speakers from Maplins and some flashing traffic lights! All they do is create a play list and the software mixes the tracks – this isn’t real DJing. We mix on CD, Vinyl and also have laptops to have our full catalogue of music in one place. We do allow our customers to choose all of their tracks and we properly mix them seamlessly live on the night using skill (and without talking over).

Hello, i am a female Sheffield based pianist. I am available to play at weddings or functions, providing lovely piano music during the wedding breakfast. I am able to provide a piano (if possible) if your venue does not have one. To see a small selection of my work please visit my internet site http://www.youtube.com/user/tilly1011

Edited by Pianobiz

my daughter is getting married in Oct and she would like a band to play at the reception playing good music and the entertain the guests anyone know of any

my daughter is getting married in Oct and she would like a band to play at the reception playing good music and the entertain the guests anyone know of any

I'm sure we could help. Rock And Soul Machine - rock, pop and soul classics, and we can provide DJ facilities too. Website is http://www.rockandsoulmachine.co.uk

I think we're allowed to respond on these bits? :) If not, sorry mods. :)

We used Scott Bramley and his band. They were brilliant. My cousin liked them so much she booked them for her wedding the following year. if you google the name his is the first option that comes up.

Hi

I know two Asian female DJ’s who have done mehndi, dewali, wedding and birthday party functions.

Very good and professional.

Hi. I'm the cellist in the String Trio called The Bes Quartet. The Bes Quartet are available for weddings ~ we play a mix of classical music and some more jazzy arrangements by Gershwin, Porter, etc. We can play during the ceremony, during the meal, and whenever required on your special day. PM me for more information.

IF you're looking for a music solution on a tight budget - check out our little brother company - http://www.mydjbox.com . These systems are perfect if you want full iPod connectivity and complete control of your music at your wedding. Ideal too if you're booking a band and you need music to fill in. Prices start from £99 per DJbox. Check it out and drop us a line!

Aren't they called 'sister' companies anymore? When did I miss that change of language? :)