Abbeydale secondary modern

Hi Sue, Do you remember Steve Carter, thats me, I recall you went out with a lad named Roger Peace, hows that for a memory ?

You're right, I did go out with Roger - it's weird that you remember that - I finished with him when I was 15 and met my first husband to be a year after. Still can't place you though.

Hi Sue,

At last where have you been lovely to hear from you all those names of staff and pupils I can remember seems a lifetime away of course it is,where has the time gone ,getting maudlin" now ,hope you have been well and life has been good to you .Mr Glasby frightened the life out of me but I was and still rubbish at maths flippin hate it .Hope to hear from you soon

Take Care

Chris

Hi Sue,

At last where have you been lovely to hear from you all those names of staff and pupils I can remember seems a lifetime away of course it is,where has the time gone ,getting maudlin" now ,hope you have been well and life has been good to you .Mr Glasby frightened the life out of me but I was and still rubbish at maths flippin hate it .Hope to hear from you soon

Take Care

Chris

Chris hi - I remember people thinking we were sisters. I also remember the rides in your dads convertible car, you and I sat in the back feeling very grown up !

Life has been good so far. I married at twenty ( he was in the navy) went to live down south. Moved to Scotland in '86 back to Sheffield in '88. Divorced '95 re-married '97 -retired 2012 still living in Sheffield.

Sue

Hi Sue

I dont know if you can send a pm on this site are you on any other site where I can get in touch ?

Chris:loopy:

Hi Sue

I dont know if you can send a pm on this site are you on any other site where I can get in touch ?

Chris:loopy:

sorry Chris I'm not on face book or any of the others

Hi there,I went to Abbeydale from 1961 to 1965.Some teachers I remember, Mr Jonhnson headmaster,Mr Spooner,Mr Tatman,Mr Cartwright,Mr Glasby Mrs Abson,Miss Fairclough,Mrs Cooper and the top PE man Alex Wilson.Classmmates included Neil Armstrong,Malclom Silverwood, Patrick Clarke,Bob Webster,John Bentley Myra Goodchild, Kath Foster, Christine Harrison,Brenda Smith.Those were the days.Happy memories.When is the next re-union.

hi my husband was at abbeydale school some of you might remember him is name is glenn raffo his parents had the chip shop on abbeydale road

I dont know Glen but I do remember Raffos chip shop I lived not too far away from there on Coniston road

I went to Abbeydale from 1965 to 68. My name was Barbara Lepisto and came from Chicago, ILL. My mum was from Totley. Wonder if anyone remembers me. Sometimes called Yank & Chicago kid. I now live in Phoenix, AZ. If you remember me you can email me my2catsbl@yahoo.com

Barbara Parker

Hi, I was there from 1964 to when it became a comprehensive school. I went on the school camp to Keswick with Mrs Jones and Mr Lawrence in charge. I also went to Ireland with Mr Lawrence and staff for two weeks. We went youth hostelling. I remember you Ulia Sirius, sorry about the spelling. Sharon Cook, Michael Harrison and Pat Scott. I remember Vivienne Hicks, Juliet Metforth, Andrea Gregory, Jackie Green. Stu ball in the yard, training in the hall, soggy recorders in Mrs Lacey's music lessons. The gorgeous Mr Havard. Lovely to find this thread. Happy memories from Marie Farret

---------- Post added 31-10-2017 at 19:21 ----------

Edited by Marie586