Abbeydale secondary modern

Silly me! Ulia Sirous at the time.

Hi All

Just looking through the posts ,I saw my name its lovely someone has remembered me after all these years.I was at Abbeydale from 61 to 65 and my name Christine Harrison

Hi Chris , I was in the same class as you for a few years. Does the name Steve Carter ring any bells ?

King Ron ................. Your Majesty, may I enquire, not Pattaya is it?

---------- Post added 09-01-2013 at 15:24 ----------

Hi Chris , I was in the same class as you for a few years. Does the name Steve Carter ring any bells ?

So it's A Mr. Steve Carter from Dronfield? Make sure you keep your identity secret, Agent Reacher.

Hello Steve

Of course I remember you how are you ?I am in touch with Anne Duncombe ,and I have tried through other sites for info on Susan Harrison but to no avail I would love to know what she is up to these days.I remember most of the teachers but the one that sticks in my mind and I was frightened to death of him was Mr Glasbey oh how I hated algebra with him .

Regards

Chris

---------- Post added 09-01-2013 at 18:28 ----------

I am sorry Ulianna your name doesnt ring a bell

Regards

Chris

King Ron ................. Your Majesty, may I enquire, not Pattaya is it?

---------- Post added 09-01-2013 at 15:24 ----------

So it's A Mr. Steve Carter from Dronfield? Make sure you keep your identity secret, Agent Reacher.

Very droll !

---------- Post added 09-01-2013 at 19:48 ----------

Hi Chris, I cant believe it's nearly 50 years since we were there,did'n't you and Susan live on Falmouth or Plymouth road ,number 19 comes to mind.Do you know if they still have the reunion gig on a Satuday ?

Steve

Hi Steve

Susan used to live on Falmouth I think it was the first rd after the laundry on the corner ,if that makes sense I lived on Rydal Rd 50 years I cannot believe how fast the time has gone.Sorry I dont know if the reunion is still held maybe if someone reads the thread they will let you know

Regards

Chris

Ulia

You arent thinking of Jennifer Harrison are you, she was in our class and if i remember right she had ginger hair, she used to be friends with Ann Makinson and Sharon Cook - do you remember her? Not sure if they passed 11+ and went somewhere else after primary school

Melvyn Randall

You are right Melvyn, it was Jennifer Harrison lived at the Bowling Green at the top of Glen Road. Ann Makinson emigrated to Australia many years ago and Sharon Cook I remember very well but not heard of since school days. Hard to trace if she/they have married names now.

Hello Steve

Of course I remember you how are you ?I am in touch with Anne Duncombe ,and I have tried through other sites for info on Susan Harrison but to no avail I would love to know what she is up to these days.I remember most of the teachers but the one that sticks in my mind and I was frightened to death of him was Mr Glasbey oh how I hated algebra with him .

Regards

Chris

---------- Post added 09-01-2013 at 18:28 ----------

I am sorry Ulianna your name doesnt ring a bell

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris, Sue Harrison here.Joined 21st century last year and got a lap top!!!

Looking for pictures of old schools and there it was ! Class mates names rang bells - I also remember Helen Burgin - but teachers names not as memorable.

Hi Sue, I remember Helen she used to be quite good at athletics , other girls names come to mind are Brenda Smith, Myra Goodchild, Kath Foster. Mr Cartwright, Mr Wilson. Mrs Abson, Mrs Cooper, Mr Glasby and the fearful Denis Spoonerwere among the teachers. Great days indeed !!

Hi Sue, I remember Helen she used to be quite good at athletics , other girls names come to mind are Brenda Smith, Myra Goodchild, Kath Foster. Mr Cartwright, Mr Wilson. Mrs Abson, Mrs Cooper, Mr Glasby and the fearful Denis Spoonerwere among the teachers. Great days indeed !!

Hi Jack, I have to be honest and say I don't remember you but as I said previously I don't remember every one. The names you have mentioned do ring a bell both classmates and teachers. I think I must be one of the few who enjoyed Fred Glasby as a teacher because I liked maths. He also taught at my brothers school so I had been pre-warned.

Hi Sue, Do you remember Steve Carter, thats me, I recall you went out with a lad named Roger Peace, hows that for a memory ?