Wasabisabi. Have you eaten here? and if so, what are your thoughts?

Glad you enjoyed it. Which bit did you go in - the tepanyaki or restaurant?

Excuse my general ignorance of Japanses restaurants but what is the tepanyaki - is that the little toy train thing that goes around on the table ferrying the raw dishes? Personally I dont see how people can eat raw food without throwing up =- possibly on the little train thingy so your vomit gets distributed evenly around the table !

It's lots of different Japanese dishes. The chef cooks the food in front of you on a tepan - which is like a flat gril thing...the chefs are also entertaining - they throw food into the air and you catch it in your mouth.

I love sushi and I'm fortunate enough never to have thrown up on the train thing!

Wasabisabi, in my opinion, is one of the best restaurants in Sheffield right now.

It would be a damn shame not to try the sushi whilst you're there though - its delish!

Enjoy you're meal!

splash out and book the tapenaki (spelling?!?). Its basically a separate part of the restaurant which has 2 separate seating areas and 2 chefs that cook for you, in front of you, after you have chosen from one of the set menus. Pricing is approx £18 - £35 each dependent on which menu you choose. Not exactly sushi but well worth a go.

:D

Defo, the table quoted in fantastic, it was brilliant for watching the chef cook all the food, they are so skilled, the egg he cooks he then throws it for you to catch in your mouth.

Very good, worth the money, best meal I have had in ages!

yep,the duck tepinyaki (SP??) is class!

Sorryto be negative but we went there about a year after it opened and it was the most amateur attempt at Japanese food I have ever encountered. The tappen-yaki was being done by a man who seemed to have no culinary expertise at all, the near three hour experience was painful watching him mess up yet another dish, drop something all over himself or the floor - it was disastrous. Only the sake numbed the pain of it all and we left after refusing to pay any more than 50% of the bill - fellow diners followed suit. Suffice to say a return visit is yet to occur.

My daughter has just turned 18 and I have booked a table for her and her friends at Wasabisabi, I was wondering if anyone has been and what was it like ? I have never had Japanese food and wwondered if anyone could recomend a dish to try?

Fab place!!! I love it! Food is fresh and varied as one would expect in a Japanese restuarant.

Try the Tepanyaki side as this more for entertainment but the food is out of this world. i went for my birthday, with a mixed group and we had a ball!! The king prawns and lobster was super!!!!!

I thought it was horrible when I went there. I sort of suffer from really not liking fish though I spose.....

The non-fish stuff was sort of ok-ish, but very expensive, and I'd have much rather gone to one of the many marvellous noodly places nearby

I love Wasabisabi, the huge delux platter (actually it's a boat) of sushi and sashimi is fantastic, with beer and saki to wash it down.

it is great place for good quality sushi. i loved it each time.

they also do take aways. the amtosphere is nice.

the staff is really friendly.

But is is really really expensive. :(

worth for once in a while.