Wasabisabi. Have you eaten here? and if so, what are your thoughts?

My daughter has just turned 18 and I have booked a table for her and her friends at Wasabisabi, I was wondering if anyone has been and what was it like ? I have never had Japanese food and wwondered if anyone could recomend a dish to try?

splash out and book the tapenaki (spelling?!?). Its basically a separate part of the restaurant which has 2 separate seating areas and 2 chefs that cook for you, in front of you, after you have chosen from one of the set menus. Pricing is approx £18 - £35 each dependent on which menu you choose. Not exactly sushi but well worth a go.

:D

Or sit in the restaurant and order a mixture of the dishes to share between you. That way you can try a variety of stuff from the reasonably big menu. We did this the last time i went with friends so didn't eat courses as such, just had new dishes brought to us once we'd finished the previous.

Sashimi (slices of raw fish) is v nice there and the cocktails are fantastic!

We went there a couple of weeks ago and had a huge mixed sushi to share(I think it was called Sumo Wasabi or something like that). It's got everything on it - I think it was about £25 between 2. If you order seperate sushi dishes it can work out expensive, so this is the best option. The tepenyaki is also good...but I made a fool of myself last time I went.... when the chef threw food in the air to catch in my mouth, I slipped and fell over!

It's a marvellous place, and I'm sure your daughter wil enjoy it. The Teppanyaki area is good, the sushi available is good, and the normal sit-down options are good too.

Try with an open mind and your girl will like it :)

It's on London Road - head out of town for about half a mile and it's on the left on a corner.

I went last night with my brother and partners. We all had bento boxes which were delicious and pretty good value. We then ordered the super delux (or something) platter of sushi and sashimi. Even though it was a Sunday night whih makes it doubtfull the fish would be spanking fresh, I have to say it was great. The sushi was really well made and the sashimi tasted superb.

As above, the Teppenyaki table is well worth it, especially for a celebration thing. Just don't be throwing up on it....

Lets for veggies, including at least 1 if not 2 of the set teppenyaki menus.

Very good, and great fun.

well we all went last night and i have to say it was a lovely experience, fab food very good polite service and not too pricey either, we will certainly be going again !