Anyone go to the Gregg School in Broomhill 1952/1955?

I am trying to reply to a post by SNOWBALL72 regarding a reunion on the 27th April but am confused by the system which says I should have 5 posts before sending a reply. ?

Must be old age and poverty. I hope this is a way of replying. Unfortunately I am likely to be away at that time but if not perhaps I can make a late booking. I hope this reaches Snowball.

Daveydall

---------- Post added 07-04-2016 at 09:15 ----------

Hello Averil. You will see from the previous post that confusion reigns in my use of social

media. I have no problem in giving my email address as most of the world seems to have it (including ladies with some odd ideas about my private life). It is................

[email protected]

I hope this reaches you.

David Hall.

Hi Snowball72, Thanks so much for a super day yesterday. A wonderful reunion. You worked so hard to bring it all about.

Here's to the next one!

All the best to all the boys, and Les Girls - Linda (Pearce), Susan (Mellor), Jean (Bingham), Judith (Milner), Christine (Hoyland) and yourself.

I will be in touch soon Averil, love to you and Roger (can he have a sit down now?) - Muriel

Edited by fitzhubert
omission

We all had a great day at the Reunion, a big thank you to all that attended. It was fun naming the 'pupils' who hadn't met for almost 60 years. I believe the next one will be in 2019. If anyone is interested in attending the next one please PM me with name an e mail.

hi snowball please keep me informed about the next Gregg School reunion in Sheffield as i have a fellow classmate of mine plus myself who would love to be included.(1961/1965).

Thanks Peter Hallam

Sorry to repeat the question but does anyone know why Gregg went out of business?

Did it just go bust?

The simple answer is yes. Taken over by Rankin and Sutherland they could not save it. What year did you leave?

The simple answer is yes. Taken over by Rankin and Sutherland they could not save it. What year did you leave?

I was 12/13 the year I was there so that would be 1960. In my class was John Hudson, Richard Swinscoe, thats all the names I remember. Also Lorna Brader.

My father worked got a job in the Foreign Office and we all went off to Burma. I cant say I was there long enough to form any lasting relationships or indeed lasting memories.

I do remember Arnold, Rankin and Sutherland, my form teacher was a blonde young woman.The games teacher was Midgely? also a rather sinister chap Fuchs?

Hi and thanks for getting back to me.

I was there from 1961-65.I do indeed remember Richard Swinscoe,John Hudson & Lorna Brader rings a bell, but i dont recall how she looked .You must have been the year ahead of me.

Do you remember Bert,(Mr . Trendall ?).He taught us English & Geography for awhile,

Rankin,Sutherland & Fuchs. formed the backbone of the school after Arnold "vanished "(almost) overnight.and over the remaining years, they were supported by teachers to complement a full range of subjects to GCE & RSA standards.

Hi Peter - are you in touch with the people mentioned? Averil

Hi Averil

My contacts at the moment are Paul Cotterill,David Cowley,Micheal Turnidge,& hopefully soon , I may have leads to Richard Borkett,& John Fletcher.Ishall keep you posted.Did I mentin previously that I met a guy called Ian Drake ,who was a pupil 1953-1958?. If anyone else knows him,I could possibly locate him as well.

I have a feeling that Ian Drake was in the same year as me, his years at the school are more or less the same as mine were.

Hi Bill Hayley

Thank.s for your reply.When I next have the opportunity,to meet Ian Drake, I will enlighten him of our new link up & the 2016 group.

Kind regards Peter Hallam .