'If you don't want to know the results...

look away now....'

I was just watching the news and the news reader said exactly this with regards to todays premiership scores. I think they always do....but why would any fan not want to know how their team did today? Why would you wait until Match of the Day? Confused!?!

Did you never watch "The Likely Lads"? :)

Noooo! Feel free to explain this madness!

Noooo! Feel free to explain this madness!

BEWARE - SPOILERS :P

Season 1 Episode 7 (from 1974)

No Hiding Place - The lads try to avoid learning the result of an England football match before the TV highlights are shown later that evening. Flint (Brian Glover) tries to spoil it for them, having bet them £10 that they won't get through the day without hearing the result. They get to the TV highlights none the wiser about the score, except for Terry seeing a newspaper headline saying "England F...". When Flint barges in to Bob's house, an angry Terry pays him off with £10 (borrowed from Bob) so that he'll leave; but the match turns out to have been postponed because of a waterlogged pitch...

This episode was remade by Ant & Dec for ITV in 2002, and featured Rodney Bewes as the old newspaper vendor.

The Likely Lads/Whatever Happened to The Likely Lads - Classic comedy series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whatever_Happened_to_the_Likely_Lads%3F

look away now....'

I was just watching the news and the news reader said exactly this with regards to todays premiership scores. I think they always do....but why would any fan not want to know how their team did today? Why would you wait until Match of the Day? Confused!?!

A few years ago, I taped the UEFA Cup Final between the Mighty Bhoys and FC Porto, played in Sevilla, as I was going to a Whitesnake concert that night.

Immensely hungover the following morning, having kept away from the result, I could recreate, in my own time, the Final.

Given what happened to United and the Bhoys that season, I needn't have bothered. The worst season for 'so near and yet so far' in all my living days.

If you can watch a rerun of sport without knowing the result, it's still 'live'.

Where's the sense in watching MotD if you already know what the scores are?

Anyone care to explain this madness?

Where's the sense in watching MotD if you already know what the scores are?

Anyone care to explain this madness?

Because football fans actually like WATCHING football. I wouldn't expect you to understand that though.

A few years ago, I taped the UEFA Cup Final between the Mighty Bhoys and FC Porto, played in Sevilla, as I was going to a Whitesnake concert that night....

I remember this as the 90 minutes where my loathing of 'the special one' began. I've never seen a team cheat so much from beginning to end, it was truly appalling.

Whitesnake?!

I remember this as the 90 minutes where my loathing of 'the special one' began. I've never seen a team cheat so much from beginning to end, it was truly appalling.

Indeed. It also reinforced my belief that Bobo Balde has never been a footballer.

Whitesnake?!

Indeed! A very good gig actually, Gary Moore, and Y&T supported. The last bits are a bit, er, hazy. Apparently, I refused to walk down the steps outside the Arena because 'my right foot doesn't work' .....

Happy 'daze' .....

Whitesnake Eh! so you do have some good taste.;)

Cheeky :hihi:

I'm looking forward to the gig in June as well :thumbsup:

look away now....'

This fair gets my goat on a sunday night. I like to catch the weather forecast at the end of the news, but if i time it wrong, that grinning goon who does the sport comes on and tells you the sunday football results just before "Match Of The Day 2", thus ruining the programme for those of us who want to watch without knowing the results.