Belly/Egyptian dancing

Looking for a Beginners Belly Dancing class in the Nether Edge (Abbeydale Road) and Sharrow (London Road) areas.

Failing that, a class right in the centre of town ie not more than 10 minutes walking distance from The Moor or the High Street so I can catch bus home. :D

Looking for an evening class around 7pm or a weekend class.

Thanks.

Hello all,

We are excited to announce that we have added new inventory to our website.

Come by and check out all our new colors

marzino.com

Have a great day.:hihi:

Closest thing I can suggest for you Moodibloos is the Boomshanka Tribal classes at Meersbrook on Wednesday or Thursday evenings. Drop them an email on [email protected] to find out which classes have spaces and where to find them. They are a brilliant bunch.

I don't know of any classes in the City centre and most of the other classes I am aware of are in the north of the city (Burngreave, Walkley, Crookesmoor, Hillsboro', Grenoside, Wisewood etc) although I think Lianne may teach one near Norfolk Park - you could try emailing her on [email protected] to get more details.

Otherwise, my Thursday classes are right by the Hillsbro' tram stop (at St Johns Memorial Hall, Forbes Road/Walkely lane, behind the Rawson Spring pub, Thursday 7.15pm), so easy to get to from town.... (my contact for more details is [email protected])

hope you find something/somewhere suitable

Hello,

does anyone know of any belly dancing classes or similar?

many thanks

Anna

contact city limits dance centre on penistone road. our new clases start in september. 01142855422

My daughter does Belly Dancing. Anyone got any idea where she can get a authentic outfit from - preferably in Sheffield?

Many thanks :)

Depends on what you mean by 'authentic' outfit - Cleopatras at Meadowhall often have some pretty tops and belts but they are usually Indian made.

I got my costumes in Cairo and Istanbul - thats definitely authentic, but also expensive :-). I also make my own costumes.

The internet may be your best bet - lots of stuff on Ebay, or try http://www.theshimmyshop.co.uk (she made the costumes for Sophie Mae on 'Britains Got Talent'). Or go to http://www.wiggle.org.uk for links to lots of costumiers as well as loads of info on bellydance.

Thanks Cis - I'd forgotten I'd posted!

She's only 9 so there's not much available in her size. I eventually found something in a shop in Handsworth that I can adapt (hopefully).

She'll be in town doing "Chance to Dance" on Saturday. Anyone else?

Hi there's a bellydance class running at the Wisewood School & Sports Association which isn't far from Crookes. The classes are on Wednesday evenings 7-8pm. You can contact [email protected] for more information or telephone 07772163157.

If you are interested in a beginners course email [email protected] or telephone 07772163157 for further information or to register your place.

Regular classes held on Tuesday evenings 6:45 at the Grenoside Community Centre or Wednesday evenings at 7pm at the Wisewood School & Sports Association. Traditionally Egyptian Style but influenced by various other dance styles with lots of fun thrown in.