Dear forum I have a problem.

Hello everyone I'm bored so I thought that I might type to you for a while.

Well I've lived here with mummy for almost 5 weeks now, she is hard work and it can be disappointing because my training often doesn't work on her but all things considered lifes not to bad, I get lots of dinners here and Mummy says I'm getting chubby (she should look in the mirror herself :rant: ).

We had a little upset here week before last , little Granny Lucy went away to the vets and didn't come back home, Mummy was very upset and so was Granny Meg, Granny Meg kept looking for Granny Lucy and shouting at night for her, and that made me cry, and then Mummy did as well :sad: but we all feel a bit better now.

Then Oli my little mate who I luvs so dearly went to the vets as well, but he came back again and was a bit sad and mardy, Mummy said he had his bits taken off, well I hope the vet doesn't do that to me cause poor Oli he had to go lie down, and then he couldn't play with me for ages, and I got done off Mummy for jumping on him all the time, Mummy said she felt like tearing her hair out :o well I don't know why she didn't its a mess anyway!

Last Thursday I had my last jab, it wasn't to bad this time, oh I loves it there I see lots of other dogs and some cats, but I'm not allowed to play with them, so I make do with shouting to them, this seems to annoy Mummy...oh well she best get used to it I like to shout.

Mummy says that soon I can go with her, Granny Meg and Uncle Durham when they go out to the world, I will be glad because now Granny Lucy is gone I have to be all alone with the cats when they go and I cry and shout...the world is very big I know this from going to the vets, I'm a little bit worried cause Mummy says I will have to walk on a lead like the others and she won't carry me, she says it will wear me out, well thats not very nice is it? :(

I tried what Kiri suggested and sometimes I run upstairs and poo in Mummies bedroom, I'm so quick that she doesn't even know I did it and she finds it when she goes to bed, thats a laugh I can tell you, she don't half complain up there :hihi: thanks for giving me the idea Kiri its proving great fun.

Well suppose I had better get going I have a nice juicy chew to get stuck into, and I don't want the others getting it... greedy pigs!

Hope all me new mates are ok? and hope to hear from you all soon.

Love Kira x

I am sorry to hear about your granny Lucy, Kira :(

You must miss her a lot.

Ouch - it sounds a bit bad to have your bits taken off :o You could try running and hiding under the bed if you think they are going to take you. I haven't had that done to me, although I did have to have a hysterical-ectomy (or something) when I got a bit poorly. Mummy said that meant I couldn't have puppies now, but that is ok, I am too old for babies.

I get mummy to carry me by pretending to have a lame leg and looking very sad, you could try that, but it is important to remember to keep it the same leg all the time - sometimes I forget and swap legs, then mummy laughs at me - grrrr.

I am glad you have made use of my suggestion - I am always happy to be of help. I hope your mummy doesn't do what my mum did - put locks on the bedroom doors! I have to nip up quick now when the children forget to lock them - I still manage a few :)

It is nice to hear from you - keep up the good work :)

Your friend

Kiri.

I'm sooo glad Kizzy is scared of stairs so can't get to any other parts of the house! :D No pooing under my bed, yay! :D

Hello everyone Kira here, well its been a while but I have been very busy lately and I have lots of news for all of my friends.

Where to begin...well, I am going out for walks now with Mummy, Granny Meg and Uncle Durham, I also have a brand new harness and I feel very posh and proud when I'm out, I love going out to the world, Mummy takes me to the park... oh I loves it there, its big and I get to run and run, Mummy does laugh at my ears flapping and my gangly legs (not very nice I don't think,still...) there are trees and lots of luverly smells, and loads of other dogs, I shout and shout then I run to them and often they play with me, I so loves to play :D, sometimes I make Mummy get all excited when I plays a trick on her and don't come back, but I do try to be good cause I loves the park so much.

The other thing I do now is I have started to go to this place called dog training :confused: there are lots of other dogs there I loves it, it is the most exciting place in the world... even more than the park I think, Mummy sits down and tries to look all nice and sensible while I shout and shout to the other dogs, mainly they shout back as well, and some come to look at me and some try to play, Mummy seems to get flustered about this, anyway I'm sure she will get over it.

The dogs at training told me this is where you come when your human needs training well at last :clap: I have needed help with Mummy (as you know) for quite some time, at last I think I am getting the upper hand with her.

Oh yes and of course I mustn't forget some important news on the family front... well one day a couple of weeks ago Mummy went out with Strix, when they came back they had something in their arms, the something made lovely little noises, well I was very curious so I had a look, oh you will never guess what it was... it was 2 little tiny puppy girls :D,

Mummy told me that I had to be very careful and kind and that they are my foster sisters, well let me tell you I loves them so much, they are really naughty too, they play lots and lots with me, and follow me around... it does make me laugh because they fall over a lot and sometimes fall in their wee wee or dinner.

Mummy does let us play a lot because she says we are all just puppies, sometimes I see her with her head in her hands rocking and shaking a bit (isn't it funny when they do that?) and I just think aww bless Mummy for bringing my new sisters here to me.

At first the sisters thought that I was their Mummy, they even tried to feed from me all the time :o but I was very kind and gentle then and I learned them that I had no milkies, Mummy helped them to eat food and then they stopped it sucking me.

Oh we have such jolly jolly fun now, I run and run and the sisters try to catch me, but they just fall down :hihi: we do lots of naughty things to, like pulling Mummies plants, and chewing things up, its really great cause I didn't do that before, but like Mummy says my little sisters have learned me lots of things, and I learn them.

Now sometimes I feel a bit sad because I know my little sisters have to find new Mummies soon, perhaps some of you could tell me how to make Mummy let the sisters stay?

Here are some pics of me and the Sisters doing things that we enjoy

Me and Sisters when they were new

My Sisters eating

Look at their funny legs

Us eating Mummies plant :love::love:

Dear Kira

Josh here, what you need to do is a human phycology course. They do get confused easily, but once you master their perverse way of thinking things will get better. Firstly you need to establish a very firm pack order with them, but dont be bossy about it. You have to be a bit sneaky and get them round to your way of thinking. It took some doing with mine, the male is pretty intelligent but the female - wow- she takes some believing. She actually thought that dogs were bottom of the pack. She even thought the cats were above dogs.

Took some sorting out I can tell you. I suggest trying the human Lotties dogs. They have done a lot of research and even sent her on courses about canine behaviour.

Dont give up on your humans just yet, they could take up to a YEAR to train properly

Regards

Josh

Oh Kira have you not heard the saying "you cant teach an old human new tricks" (no offence) will you tell your foster sisters to take more notice of you then there job will be easier if they get thier own humans lol .I have the human thing sorted if you do what they say when thier about you get allsorts of treats & you can still do what you want when they are out especaily if you give the guey eyed look ,they just melt &are putty in youre paws .dont tell you mummy i told you though or she may tell my dad & iwill have to give the guey look.bye for now

dear kira

it certainly does sound like youve been busy the harness sounds very nice. i think i may have to kick up a fuss mines just brown :(

i rememeber being as hyper as you as a young dog even though ive not really grown up much or so my mum says :hihi:

i used to have a new little friend but he used to bite me and torment me and he made me quite cross so he had to find a new family and i had mum back to myself. its nice to hear that your little friends are alot kinder and you will have to keep in touch with them :)

love casey

Dear Kira

Josh here, what you need to do is a human phycology course.

Dont give up on your humans just yet, they could take up to a YEAR to train properly

Regards

Josh

A full year oh my word! :o I never imagined how hard it was going to be, if I had I might never have bothered getting a human.

Oh Kira have you not heard the saying "you cant teach an old human new tricks"

Oh my bones and blankets :o cor blimey don't let Mummy hear you call her old, when Daddy Dave says it she don't half bash him but I will definitely try the guey eyes are they like these? :rolleyes:

I used to have a new little friend but he used to bite me and torment me and he made me quite cross so he had to find a new family and i had mum back to myself. its nice to hear that your little friends are alot kinder and you will have to keep in touch with them :)

love casey

Aww Casey I know how you felt my little foster sisters have really sharp nails and teeth, oooh they can be very rough :o I can kick them off me though and they fall over and slide across the floor :hihi:

They don't make me cross cause I like them being very naughty and rough cause as Mummy says I'm worse than them :D

I am going to stay in touch with my little sisters forever and ever I hope :sad:

Hi Everybody! I'm Casper.

I'm really enjoying reading all about your adventures, I always need new ideas in how to drive my humans barmy! I've had a hard job getting here to write to you. Mum hides the computer somewhere called upstairs and to get here I have to get through a locked gate and climb a huuuge mountain! I've figured it out though, I noticed that when my big sister Jenny takes her nap at the foot of the mountain shes just in the right place for me to use her as a springboard to jump right over the gate! I can climb the mountain easily now though. I just have to go really quiet because dad shouts if he hears me. That makes me sad as aren't my humans only there to fetch me stuff? When I was a baby and I got sad I put my ears all flat and covered my nose with my paw. I noticed how that made mum say 'awww' and not be mad at me so I do it all the time now. Humans are so easily fooled!

I saw the picture of your Harness Kira and I have one just like it in Green, I love wearing it because it doesn't make me cough when I have to rush to investigate something but I think it looks much better when it's covered in mud. Casey, I bet you don't have to do this if yours is brown already! Mum says it's a good job it goes in the washer okay! Pristine white is such a girly colour and I'm not a girl so I do everything I can do get a much more macho brown. Actually, Kira, your uncle Durham gave me an idea of how to get reeeeallly muddy by laying down in a puddle. Tell him thanks from me!

I really must be off now, I can hear Jenny playing with my toys again. She'll soon give then back when I pull her tail.

Chow!

Caspy

Hi Casper.. i never thought of that. Im trying to persuade my mum to get your mum to bring some treats next time she comes, not sure whether she will. :rolleyes: can always eat the hamster food again if shes leaves it open haha, :P

Kira.. my friend used to bite my skin and hang on it...owchies.:( i would love another little friend but i dont get on with many dogs im a real loner we just end up getting into arguments.:rant:..except for the ladies :love:...was a real ladies man in my day :hihi:

Casey

Whenever dogs come to stay at our house, they have to sleep in the big cage in the kitchen and they certainly aren't allowed to sit on anybody's knee or on the sofa! (Though there was one little black dog who'd had a really bad day so we all got to sleep in the big bed that night :D )

I'd count yourself lucky, get the hang of 'bedtime' and don't do anything that gets you sent to Strix's Bootcamp :P (You're not even allowed upstairs if you're a visitor :shocked: )

Brude, the cutest beagle on the planet - or so everybody tells me :P

Yayyyyy!!! That was me!! Clivey here. Must say I have been using 'the net' quite a bit myself as I am six now so a lot bigger than you. I have even sent emails to mummys friends before!

Auntie Strix can be a bit strict but if you ever got to stay there you know she'd look after you - she just wouldn't let you get away with all that barking and stuff.

I have the best of both worlds - I behave myself when I go to stay at her house then be the baddest dog ever when I get home! My mum too has got me a lovely big leather setee to sit on. Actually theres a lot of things to sit on in our lounge but I always lay with mummy even though there's space in other places. I lay on her if I can - that way I get her warmth and I can breathe in her aroma! I love her smell - mmmmmmmm. She gets cross after a bit tho and moves me off but I get up again after a bit. Basically I do what I want in my mums house cos she is a bit soft with me and also she is a bit distracted sometimes.

I do have the very responsible job of protecting her though and to be honest it is sometimes a relief to go to Aunty Strix's house and take a bit of time off from doing all the guarding. I have to check the daily post delivery and see off the post person that tries to break into our house at least 5 times a week! The cheek! I soon deal with the stuff they leave as they run away frightened of my barking and growling at the other side of the letterbox. Its fun to shred it all into little pieces and it gets rid of my annoyance with them. Mum shouts at me though and smacks me on the nose with (what's left of) the post. There's gratitude for ya! Then there are the people who think they can just walk along the pavement outside our house, bold as you like. It's MY window and what I can see from it is mine too so GET LOST! I'm ok when I go to a pub if you are already there when I get in, but anyone who arrives after ME is in MY territory and boy do I let them know it.

I don't bark when mum leaves me downstairs, but I do if I hear a noise, which makes mum sometimes come downstairs to see what I have heard. That's good cos it spooks her a bit so she takes me back up with her to bed to feel safe. I love it on mum's bed. Although it's huge I lay right up to her so that if she turns over she rolls on me. It's fun, but not fun when she uses her foot under the blankets to push me away. The thing is my mum is inconsistent in her behaviour so some days I get away with stuff and some days don't. She changes like the weather!! Strx tells her that's not a good way to be and although mummy knows she is right, she forgets and Clivey boy is in there like a shot.

Spot their weaknesses and go in for the kill. Works every time!!

Oh don't get me wrong - it's not all bad here

I'm just trying to convince Strix that dogs are allowed to lick the plates when people finish eating - well they can at Clive's house anyway :P

See what I mean??? I rest my case! My mum is the weakest human ever and sooooooo easy to train. Then again, I have had a few years at it with her so I guess f I haven't got her how I want her by now then it's pretty much time to give up...