Dear forum I have a problem.

Hi Kira,

Oz here. You have all your tactics wrong. Instead of barking try shaking and acting very scared, it worked for me and I was allowed on the bed in no time. They said they felt sorry for me and I looked happier under the covers by my mums feet. I think she knew I was scared of falling asleep and they would be gone. I fall into deep sleeps and don't know what is going on around me. They might have gone never to come back. It gets a bit boring though Kira, they move about a lot and take up all the room. I have decided it is better in my own bed now and as long as they leave the door open so I can go and check they haven't left me (very quietly, they don't like it when you wake them up the same as us) I usually prefer to be in my own bed.

When I first moved with them they lived in one room so they couldn't put me behind a scarey door. It doesn't sound very nice. No need to be making loads of noise though even I find it very annoying. Save it for the burgulars that walk past the house and come to the door, it only works with them to make them go away.

Good look with your human training Kira, you don't want to have to go to university of Strix. x

Hello Oz, I never thought of being scared and shaking but it does sound like it might work cause Mummy is very easy to trick sometimes.

Since the Strix thing I have pretty much given up on shouting mummy, for one thing its wearing me out, and I think that she is just deaf as a bat anyway, obviousy a special needs human she can't help it I suppose :rolleyes:

At the moment I am concentrating my efforts on training Mummy to clean up lots of wee and poo... and I must say that she is much better at that than answering shouting, she has also learned to feed me and cuddle me a lot, and last night I trained her to throw me a ball, I kept giving it back to her and she threw it again, she shows that she might be trainable... in the long run! :hihi:

The way this thread is going is really creative. It would make a really good, humourous and light hearted manual on 'how to bring up your human' (I mean puppy!). Ever thought of continuing until you have a bookful, then you could get it published and sell it to raise funds for your animal charities?.............. :)

Hi Kira,

My name's Maisey, I've been reading this thread but didn't have anything to offer as I think my humans and I have finally found a compramise. I let them sleep in their bed but can keep an eye on them from the carrier on the floor. They're easier to train 1-2-1.

I made some progress with the female this weekend using something called 'Guilt' - its an odd, but highly effective, human thing. She has been taking liberties all week by going to this thing called 'work' (The male goes too but at different times). Then showed signs of escaping on Saturday - I wasn't having that!

I used a technique where I sat on her knee and licked her face. At the same time made my eyes really wide. It worked and I managed to walk her 6 1/2 miles. I remembered to show her who was boss - like the books say. I barked everytime she stopped stroking me on the bus and chased pigeons in the city centre. I've learnt another human trait - 'embarassment' (they'll give you what you want to prevent this).

I hope this helps? Oh and by the way, I've discovered that you can stop them sharing ideas online by jumping on the power button of the laptop. She barks a lot when I do that!

Hi Kira,

My name's Maisey, I've been reading this thread but didn't have anything to offer as I think my humans and I have finally found a compramise. I let them sleep in their bed but can keep an eye on them from the carrier on the floor. They're easier to train 1-2-1.

I made some progress with the female this weekend using something called 'Guilt' - its an odd, but highly effective, human thing. She has been taking liberties all week by going to this thing called 'work' (The male goes too but at different times). Then showed signs of escaping on Saturday - I wasn't having that!

I used a technique where I sat on her knee and licked her face. At the same time made my eyes really wide. It worked and I managed to walk her 6 1/2 miles. I remembered to show her who was boss - like the books say. I barked everytime she stopped stroking me on the bus and chased pigeons in the city centre. I've learnt another human trait - 'embarassment' (they'll give you what you want to prevent this).

I hope this helps? Oh and by the way, I've discovered that you can stop them sharing ideas online by jumping on the power button of the laptop. She barks a lot when I do that!

Hi Maisey :wave: I have also stumbled on the guilt thing with Mummy, sometimes she gets a bit grumbly when I train her a lot to clean wee and poo up, so I have found that if I look at her and try to look sad she is much more efficient, and quicker with everything :D

Mmm chasing pigeons sounds fun, soon I will be training Mummy to walk on a lead, but first she keeps on about my jabs what ever they are, after the jabbing thing I'm going to teach Mummy to go for walks in the park with me and my brother Durham and granny Meg (Mummy says that granny Lucy is too old and poorly, shame that :sad:) its all go with them isn't it Maisey? :D

Hi Maisey :wave: I have also stumbled on the guilt thing with Mummy, sometimes she gets a bit grumbly when I train her a lot to clean wee and poo up, so I have found that if I look at her and try to look sad she is much more efficient, and quicker with everything :D

Mmm chasing pigeons sounds fun, soon I will be training Mummy to walk on a lead, but first she keeps on about my jabs what ever they are, after the jabbing thing I'm going to teach Mummy to go for walks in the park with me and my brother Durham and granny Meg (Mummy says that granny Lucy is too old and poorly, shame that :sad:) its all go with them isn't it Maisey? :D

You're doing very well for a young pup! The sad look works well but if you really want to make an impact try running and hiding - I get some great reactions from running under the kitchen table. Alternatively, if you're allowed on the sofa, sit next to the human but don't look at them and ignore any attempts to fuss you (even if you need a cuddle), this is called 'sulking'.

Once you're lead training her let me know, I have tips on stopping dead when the go the wrong way, when and when not to respond to calls and my favourite the bext place to poo t enduce 'embarassment' as discussed above.

Jabs aren't so bad but last time my female took me for my injections they made me fall asleep and did something called 'spey' me. That wasn't cool, it wasn't painful but she thought I'd want to wear this white collar that made me look like a lampshade - I showed her!

The way this thread is going is really creative. It would make a really good, humourous and light hearted manual on 'how to bring up your human' (I mean puppy!). Ever thought of continuing until you have a bookful, then you could get it published and sell it to raise funds for your animal charities?.............. :)

That's a very good idea. Have you ever seen the book 'How to be a little sod' (http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Little-Sod-Simon-Brett/dp/0752836935), its the baby equivalent.

That's a very good idea. Have you ever seen the book 'How to be a little sod' (http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Little-Sod-Simon-Brett/dp/0752836935), its the baby equivalent.

Oh! No, not seen that one before. It just goes to show how no idea is a new one! Ah well, it also goes to prove that it's a good idea if it's been done before and is already successful. :D

...No offence Brude cause your a mate, but your Mummy Strix sounds a nightmare and even more un-trainable than mine although you have my sympathies I don't think I want to come and stay over thank you :suspect:

Oh don't get me wrong - it's not all bad here

we seem to get to go for more walks when other dogs visit, and we all go to the pub together (where we're allowed to drink beer), and lots of other people seem to come and visit to see the dogs who stay - though the one thing I'm not sure about is that sometimes the visiting dog leaves with somebody then doesn't come back!

I've tried scowling at Strix from my throne halfway up the stairs to show my disapproval (and to stop her from getting any ideas about giving me away too), but it still seems to happen :(

At least the last two dogs who visited have been back with the other people a couple of times, and we've been to see them at their 'new house', so I know they're okay - and I get to make new rules at the new houses I visit :D

I'm just trying to convince Strix that dogs are allowed to lick the plates when people finish eating - well they can at Clive's house anyway :P

You're doing very well for a young pup! The sad look works well but if you really want to make an impact try running and hiding - I get some great reactions from running under the kitchen table. Alternatively, if you're allowed on the sofa, sit next to the human but don't look at them and ignore any attempts to fuss you (even if you need a cuddle), this is called 'sulking'.

My mummy does always follow me if I run away to hide now you mention it, I am certainly getting some great training tips on here thanks everyone it all helps cause I'm only a young girl and this is my first proper Mummy :thumbsup:

Mummies are mad on that cuddling thing aren't they? I have had to take to sleeping on the floor of all places to avoid it :rolleyes:

Oh don't get me wrong - it's not all bad here

we seem to get to go for more walks when other dogs visit, and we all go to the pub together (where we're allowed to drink beer), and lots of other people seem to come and visit to see the dogs who stay - though the one thing I'm not sure about is that sometimes the visiting dog leaves with somebody then doesn't come back!

I'm just trying to convince Strix that dogs are allowed to lick the plates when people finish eating - well they can at Clive's house anyway :P

Mmm beer :D I hear tell that is lovely stuff, perhaps things with your Mummy are not so bad after all Brude, I'm sure my Mummy doesn't get the beer stuff, I sometimes wonder if I picked the wrong one :suspect:

I feel sorry for you that you keep losing your friends, but I suppose it means that you have lots of places to visit and doggy friends to play with :) I only have Grannies Lucy and Meg they are a bit boring really, Durham doesn't do anything much even less than the Grannies :rolleyes:.

I tried that licking plates thing, but Mummy yet again showed her true colours, it seems that she is also food aggressive.... God have I got my work cut out with that one, and you should have seen the fuss she made when I took my share of her bread and butter wow! :sad:

Sometimes I just feel like giving up on her training but I know that its for her own good, I must persevere with her :help:

Hi Kira,

I have a new friend living with me called Mojo , we thought it was a good idea licking plates but mummy and daddy got wise to it all and now when they eat in the room we get shut in the kitchen, and we can't get any tasty bits that they leave, we don't seem to be doing well at human training!either , have you any helpful ideas on human training! do they do an idiots guide?

My new friend Mojo isn't fully house trained so when she wee's i have decided i will wee too , mummy and Daddy arn't happy with that so i did a poo and they were even morre unhappy and put me in my crate , they told me off even more , I don't think i will try that one again , How can i get Mojo not to do it to , then my mummy and daddy will be happy with us again.

Love Badger and Mojo