Dear forum I have a problem.

Hello everyone this is Kira here, and I'm using Mummies pc because I am a very clever girl :D

Now my new Mummy is rather cross with me, and I don't know why perhaps you can help?

You see the problem is that I think she's getting forgetful, every night she just goes off to bed, turns off the light, and she forgets to take me :o yes thats right she just leaves me all on my own with my new grandma's Meg and Lucy,and this has gone on for a week, now surely there has to be some sort of mistake... that can't be right can it?

But don't worry I do try to jog her memory by shouting her, *sigh* I shout so loud, and I think that she might be deaf because she still doesn't come back for me :sad: anyway I don't give up because it's for her own good, so I shout and shout for at least half an hour, then I fall asleep... sometimes :rolleyes:

Now last night I tried really hard to make Mummy realise that she had forgotten me, I was worn out trying, I mean I was shouting her until 2am... but she didn't hear :sad: anyway I woke up at 6am and thought well I will wake her up early and we can have a lovely day together, so I shouted Mummeeeeeeee Mummeeeeeeee, I shouted at the deaf old crow for over half an hour :suspect: anyway eventually she must have heard because she got up :D

Now I was very pleased with Mummy for at last showing signs of being trained at last, and I wanted to give her a big love... but Mummy didn't let me :sad: in fact Mummy seemed very cross and grumpy, in fact she almost threw my breakfast at me, and refused to give me a cuddle.

What shall I do? my Mummy is running me ragged and I'm getting no sleep looking after her like this, I never realised that owning a human would be so difficult...please help.

Love from Kira

ahhh that is so sweet.

your mummy is not forgetting you at all, she is trying to learn you to sleep on your own.

this must be difficult for you to understand as your still a baby.

maybe you could ask mummy for something to sleep with, with her smell on like an old t shirt.

you have to understand that mummys need their own bed and a good sleep so they are fresh to care for you the day after.

Perseverance is what's needed here Kira's mom :D have you tried leaving a radio on for Kira so she doesn't feel so alone ? your pooch is sooooo sweet.

Dear Kira just keep on doing what you are doing

the humans in my house soon got the idea

and now I have a lovely warm basket in their bedroom, and sometimes if I'm really quiet I sneak on to the bed,

I am a very good boy though and sleep all night, and I am never naughty

My mum and my big brother just seem to sleep where they want,usually on the landing or downstairs,

but my human mum always tells everybody I am a special needs dog, so suppose I must be,

I love lots of cuddles and follow her everywhere.

If you need anymore advise let me know:thumbsup:

Love Barney

PS Its amazing what we can be taught to do:)

Hi Kira,

It's very hard work owning a human but the trick is to make really pathetic noises - they seem to like that.

I took me a while to train my mum and grandma but granddad was far quicker - I think males tend to be easier to train?

The one thing that really motivates all members of my primate family is banging on the kitchen door :D :D

They LOVE the grooves it makes in the wood when my nails scrape it and as soon as I start I know it works when I hear the thud of feet on the stairs and 'Ok! ok! I'm coming!!!!' When they get there and see the lovely patterns in the door they get hysterical and really excitable - it's great!!

Good luck with the night time routine - shouting never got me anywhere so you could try the door thing but if there is any mention of the word 'crate' tone down the door banging for a while until they dismiss the idea again! (It's very difficult to train them from a crate!)

Best wishes,

Takara.

LOL, Love it!!

Can just imagine the pooches talking to each other like this :smile:

Jayne

Hi Moonbird dont know if this is of any use but i watched that dog training woman on the telly. A woman had the same prob you are having so she put a baby gate on the bedroom door & a doggy bed on the outside & it worked. No more shouting :)

Kira here again, will have to be quick cause I think that mum is suspecting something, she can appear almost intelligent at times :suspect:.

Thank you Barney and Takara for your very helpful tips, I am sure I am going to need to try all of them to get topside of my Mummy she is very stubborn.

Thank goodness for Mummies forgetfulness, she went back off upstairs for a couple of hours and guess what... she forgot to put me in my crate :D I shouted her but she didn't hear again, so this time I had fun and I ate her socks and gloves, well I was sooo tired after that and fell asleep for 2 hours, woke up had 2 wee's on the floor and called Mummy,she came to me again, I think I'm making a breakthrough in her training now :D

Mummy wasn't as cross as earlier and she gave me some biscuits and cleaned up my wee without saying those bad words she sometimes says :rolleyes: while she did that I poo'd on the toilet floor, I am a clever girl.

All seems stable at the moment and Mummy has given me a lovely cuddle and been quite friendly... I can't wait to commence training tonight!

Love Kira.

P.s this is me after a hard session training Mummy tired

And here I am when Mummies back was turned, her chair is quite cosy you know... it will soon be mine :Dcomfy chair

Hi Kira, I'm sure your mummy doesnt mean to leave you downstairs all on your own and if you howl REALLY REALLY LOUDLY in that persistent whiney way that all dogs eventually master, you will eventually get her attention, if not the attention of the entire estate and you'll soon have that basket at the end of her bed... or even a place on the bed itself - it worked for me.

Love Ailsa the dobermutt

PS. I'm really lucky- my mummy and daddy bought a lovely leather sofa JUST for me (well at least I think it was- but I sometimes let them share it with me and the cats)

Hi Kira, I'm sure your mummy doesnt mean to leave you downstairs all on your own and if you howl REALLY REALLY LOUDLY in that persistent whiney way that all dogs eventually master, you will eventually get her attention, if not the attention of the entire estate and you'll soon have that basket at the end of her bed... or even a place on the bed itself - it worked for me.

Love Ailsa the dobermutt

PS. I'm really lucky- my mummy and daddy bought a lovely leather sofa JUST for me (well at least I think it was- but I sometimes let them share it with me and the cats)

Hi its Kira shhh :suspect:, Ailsa thank you very much for your most useful tips I will try them all out in due course :thumbsup:

I just have to say though that I never whine or howl... oh no, I bark loudly like a proper big girl, Ailsa you try that next time you want anything it seems to wear Mummies down ever so fast :D

Kira x

Hi its chloe here, id judt like to say that my mummy leaves me downstairs everynight, she says at 33kg im to heavy to be carried up and downstairs and i cant manage them myself as my legs are old and i lived in a bungalow before living here. I dont think its fair that all the others can run upstairs to sleep with mum and dad so i tell them, usually just about 30 mins before they are due up, that way they dont go back to bed as its to late so i get lots more cuddles. Its helped though as mummy now put me in my jimjams before i go tto bed so im nice and warm and often forget and fall to sleep. Try it Kira you may get some nice jim jams too or even a bed in the bedroom if you are really persistant. Chloe.x.