Brewery , Claywheels lane

Dad used to play cricket for the brewery , along with Jim and Fred Thorpe , Harry Barber and latterly with Derek Turner . I can only remember a few as it was so long ago now .

Brian Turner and Derek Turner both played for the cricket team, and also worked together on no 1 palletiser in the cellar, they weren't related.

Any one old enough to remember the brewery between aprox. 1934/1951.

My auntie who is 100 on Monday 19th.December used to live in the house at the left hand side of the lorry entrance to the brewery. Her husband was called Arthur Pilkington who i think was the caretaker although some of our family say he was head brewer. I used to stay with them during the summer holidays around the late 1940's. My uncle past away whilst employed by the brewery around 1951. The brewery helped my autie to find alternative accomodation where she has lived for the past 60 years. I always remember that the brewery builings and gardens at the front were kept in tip top condition

I don't remember them as it was only just before my time . I am sure that my father would have known them and so , can I wish your aunt a somewhat belated " Happy Birthday". On behalf of my late father , Ted Batty and , God bless .

My Mother worked there in the 70's. Joyce Oakes. once had a bottle explode in her hand and badly cut her finger. I had to saw her wedding ring off with a hack saw when she got home....:o
Is she Alan and Steve Oakes mother?Sorry,just seen she`s YOUR mother.

Yesterday was Mick (Henry ) Wigfull's funeral very poignant but then going out to" Hi ho silver lightning" was brilliant and put a smile on everybody's face.

Great to meet up with old faces and reminesce about characters and events,if only somebody could write a book.

Lovely to see Nicco,Lawman,Dorboy,Pete Davies,John Hewitt,Trevor Dixon ,Perksy and Reilly .A lot of beer went under the bridge yesterday and it looks like a reunion will have to be organised!!

In January it will be 20 years since the brewery shut! There is a reunion planned at Jubilee Sports Club on February 7th from 7.00 onwards.Anybody who worked there is invited . Any photos or memorabilia would be welcome. Any questions ring Jubilee or pm me

Used to play Jubilee Sports at football on pitch there,remember they provided a crate of beer in dressing room.In later years played cricket there also.

hi feederfil, my husband worked for Bass on Claywheels Lane for 30+ years. Sure he'd enjoy this. Don't know how to pm!! Would he need tickets or just turn up? Many thanks

hi feederfil, my husband worked for Bass on Claywheels Lane for 30+ years. Sure he'd enjoy this. Don't know how to pm!! Would he need tickets or just turn up? Many thanks

Just turn up on the night no tickets required just bring some memories!!

Hi, I worked for a couple of years in late 60’s in the labs for Sheila, I used to travel to and from Pond Street on the staff coach. I remember the beer tickets and beer allowance. I used to do seats in the jubilee room tanks and the large Runcorn tanks in the tank farm, doing the analysis in the labs. I remember the blind taste test panel almost every lunchtime. When production bottled Guiness it came in tanks on a flat backed lorry, I used to have to climb on top of the lorry bed, then on top of the tanks and sample test each of the tanks. I left in 71 to join the Police force. I remember, I left before I got sacked! I hated the job but loved the people and the production bonus!! It was a shock when I got my first months salary in the Police and it was only as much as a weeks production bonus!!!