Who lived in steelhouses on holgate road?

My sister lived at No 7 Holgate Drive in the 1950,s .Mr.& Mrs Tim Young and their children Malcolm and Ann.They used to go to the shops where I remember a shop called Kadish's.

can anyone remember the big white grocery van coming round every day he was called worth his shop was opposite the park on penistone road . there was another van he was called harry holland!!!!

Hi,

Sylvia and David Coleman are my aunt and uncle. They now live in Chapeltown and are both in good health. Saying that we lost 3 family members last year including my mum Pat Fox (nee Edwards), my grandma Edith Edwards and my cousin Melanie Edwards and I know this hit my aunt harder than anyone in the family.

Lillian Cowling was my grandma's best friend for many year; Edith Edwards.

yes frank and david and june savage my farther married their mother in about 1979 june savage died and also ann savage who was davids wife died as well she was called cowling she lived top of the eight foot the oposite side to the cunninghams.my sister joan has died also my brother tony died when he was only 23 ,hope you are ok ,

might speak soon ??!!!

mick pashley::|

frank savage lost his wife kath last week and the funeral was on wednesday and her maiden name was hackett who was related to the kays who lived on the steel houses tony, ken and brian.

old dot used to work at bassets,her sons were alan,tony,and kevin i think,alan was a few month younger than me,so he would be about 47 now,kevin was in my brothers year,makin him 43,tony was in between,so maybe its him thats 45ish....didn,t they have a sister older than alan???? i also remember old dot "trying it on" down the wicker when her money had run out....but THATS another story.

Their sister is karen and she is younger than Alan,

God seems ages i posted on this thread,nice to read some bits i had forgotten.

Steel houses ...Happy Days.

Their sister is karen and she is younger than Alan,

I knew Dot Brown, and Alan was born a few months before my son who is 49 now. She already had two daughters at that time, one of them being Karen, so she's definitely older than Alan.

There was this woman called Dorothy Brown who lived in the steel houses, she used to visit my in-laws on Colley ave. She had quite a few kids and she was as thin as a rail, she had a son a few months before me, so he would be about 45 now. This was back in the 60s I'm talking about, I wonder what she's doing today if she's still with us.

This is my nan, she has now sadly passed away x

I knew Dot Brown, and Alan was born a few months before my son who is 49 now. She already had two daughters at that time, one of them being Karen, so she's definitely older than Alan.

She had Janet, Susan (my mum), Karen, Alan, David, Tony and kevin

She had Janet, Susan (my mum), Karen, Alan, David, Tony and kevin

Your Nan before living on Holgate lodged with my hubby's Grandparent's on Addlington Rd. :)

It is the same Mrs Brown that lived just on the bend at the top? I think it was Susan that was about the same age as me.