Smokers in pubs unite and defy the ban

Californians realised that smokers don't have the intelligence to look their

own health so they brought in Arnie Schwarzenegger to sort 'em out.

He is a smart cookie, when he visited the UK, he brought a special marquee with him so he could smoke his unfeasible cigars indoors and in comfort.

You still get gassed when you walk towards any entrance to Meadowhall though. :gag:

yes i hate that when you walikng in or out. especially as they just lighting up get more of it than they do.

I must add my ashma has been a lot better as well since smoking ban. I dont like to wash my hair go out and then come home and have to wash again because of stinking smoke smell on it.

The smoking ban is for life get used to it, why should us non-smokers have to endure you lot puffing away and getting lung cancer from your second hand smoke, you chose to smoke and you are damaging your lungs, do not damage ours in the process. You do still get it when going into meadowhall even though there are signs saying no smoking past this point and they are all past the flaming point. If you wanna smoke fine, do it in your own home or in the desinated areas, we dont want cancer thank you very much!!!! Its a disgusting habit, you might as well go suck on a exhaust pipe.

the smokers probably cannot read or see the signs because of the smoke, as for sucking on an exhaust pipe we are all doing that now, breathing in carbon emmisions, my god we are all doomed.

Its a disgusting habit, you might as well go suck on a exhaust pipe.

It just doesn't have the same effect these days. With the invention of the catalytic converters:rolleyes:

Aye but you know what I mean though, that makes me laugh too when you go to the hallamshire hospital and all the patients are outside the main door smoking their heads off, even them attached to drips, whoever invented smoking all those years ago was a crazy crazy person.

Aye but you know what I mean though, that makes me laugh too when you go to the hallamshire hospital and all the patients are outside the main door smoking their heads off, even them attached to drips, whoever invented smoking all those years ago was a crazy crazy person.

With all the NRT these days, I'm suprised no one has patented a NRT drip for hospital purposes :hihi:

I quite fancy running that idea on Dragons Den. Not sure if patients are allowed out for the duration of a recording session though:suspect:

No but you can get nicotine replacement patches free from the NHS?

Smackheads get metadone.

Happy- everyone gets the hit they need and mr taxpayer picks up the bill.

Not to step on your toes mate, but where exactly do you think the tax on cigarettes goes to???

What a wonderful idea from SlimSid2000 about reporting possible or suspected illegal activities.

I think we could go further and post up 'phone numbers everywhere and use rewards to encourage people to report EVERY suspicious act they see in public[ or even in their neighbour's garden or through the neighbour's window.] Then, the 'phones will soon be buzzing like billy-ho and it will give our lazy lumps at Police H.Q........etc......something to do to pass their time.

After all, there is very, very little anti-social behaviour or vandalism or theft or violence or shoplifting or housebreaking or any sort of crime in S.Yorks., so instead of sitting around police stations and Council Outreach offices, the personnel could be gainfully employed chasing smokers from doorways and spying on them from trees or behind dustbins.

Every and any method should be used to track down these dastardly old puffers and they should be locked up for life. An additional bit of icing on the cake would be to give a double bonus or a free computer to any child informing on their parents or grandparents.Only in this way will we have a clean and decent society !

If you don't pay the fine, they'll chuck you in the chokey. Are you SO desperate to smoke you'll risk a spell in Gaol for it.

Fool! :rant:

rich,theres only one fool on this thread,the prisons are full,dont you read the papers or the news,they are letting real criminals out,i doubt they would fill the prisons up with pro smokers,maybe you should use your free time that you have plenty of to catch up with current issues

Barnsley isn't far from us is it? I seem to remember being in LA in the early 90s and they were funny about you smokign outside certain places there! I think banning it from outside is going a bit far. May as well just ban cigarettes altogether...I saw an amusing sign somewhere in town about the building being non-smoking and dont' smoke near doorway. perhaps the building is an ex smoker and it doesn't want to get back to it?!
your point about banning smoking makes more sense than the governments buy them,pay tax on them but you cant use them attitude