Ponderosa netherthorpe- what did it used to be?

My Grandmother was Mrs Ford,She lived next door to Elsie and Joe Hobson Elsie was Mr and Mrs Simonites daughter.

For a while we lived next door to Elsie and Joe over the wall on the other side.

I remember everyone who lived in the big yard.Barrie Hobson.barbara Hobson,Mr and Mrs Simmonite,Mrs Dixon,The Hayes Family and Jeffrey Simmonite when he came to visit his relations.

There is a thread somewhere on the forum about all the families getting together for The Festival Of Britain and decorating thei houses even though were under threat of being demolished.

If you take a look at the (one-up one-down) thread number 14.there is a newspaper article about the families and what they did for the Festival Of Britain.

Are you sure the thread is entitled one-up one-down as it is not coming up when I search the forum.

Are you sure the thread is entitled one-up one-down as it is not coming up when I search the forum.

Try "Back to back " as the search parameters, harvey:- I think that's the title you need.

Try "Back to back " as the search parameters, harvey:- I think that's the title you need.

Still no luck !

Still no luck !

No I'm sure it's definitely One Up One Down I found it the other day so I'll try and find it again for you

Still no luck !

Hi Harvey19, Iv'e found it and put a quote on it so it should be one of the first posts of today.;)

Has anyone any photos of Watery Lane besides the one that's on Picture Sheffield ?

I have a few photos of the big yard but none of Watery Lane,I remember the Havenhands but they lived further down the lane from us so did not know them well I think they had a big family.

I have a few photos of the big yard but none of Watery Lane,I remember the Havenhands but they lived further down the lane from us so did not know them well I think they had a big family.

Hi Nellie, which big yard have you photos of ?

Any chance of you posting them on SF or getting a copy of them.

My cousins May and Jack lived in the same court as the Havenhands.

May has tried to reply to you but SF won't let her post replies for some reason.

Hello Harvey The big yard where Havenhands lived was further down the lane from the big yard where my Gran lived so the photos would not help you,and they are mainly photos of the family small black and white so you cannot see much of the surrounding area.

Hello Harvey The big yard where Havenhands lived was further down the lane from the big yard where my Gran lived so the photos would not help you,and they are mainly photos of the family small black and white so you cannot see much of the surrounding area.

Hi Nellie, I'll let her know. Thankyou.

My uncle and family lived on Watery Lane from the 1930/40s until the houses were demolished and my mothers family lived on Wentworth street and Matin street in the early 1920s.

Their name is Brindley.

I realise it is a bit later but in the 1950's my mother lived at 184, Wentworth Street. Before she married she lived at 19, Powell Street. Do you know of anyone who may know her? Booth is the married name, nee Hounsley.

Ponderosa was the name of the ranch in Bonanza tv program.

Thik Sanellas ice cream was there before it was all destroyed.