Flower Estate, what went on?

Blimey I remember visiting my Grandparents on Foxglove back in the 70s, fish and chips from the Paragon on Sicey and having to watch wrestling on world of sport, or the football over the wall at the sports ground !

Blimey I remember visiting my Grandparents on Foxglove back in the 70s, fish and chips from the Paragon on Sicey and having to watch wrestling on world of sport, or the football over the wall at the sports ground !

Do you remember that chippy at top of bellhouse road / shiregreen lane. think they called it hoskins they did them crinkle chips brill.

his your dad the same ken as was in my class at school left in 1944 lived on shiregreen lane he would have been 69 then when he passed away yours a woollen

Yep thats the same Ken.yes your right dad was 69 when he passed away

I use to watch and play on there as well . The old english steel ground.they use to wear the old blue & white stripes of wednesday

hiya garry you found us then lol.

like gary said we did all pull together like the time our house got set on fire by the nutcase that lived a few doors away who got up in the middle of the night gave there beds up for 2 week for us girls your family did and i will never forget that. i often talk about the good old days of daffodil road. i lived at number 38.

kirstenswift glad to be of help just good timing i spoted garry on facebook

and yes awoolen you are probably right it would be the same ken.

Hey Carol.Remember the old saying. We had nowt but we were happy i think ??>

my dad is john myers who lived on the bend at the top of daffdil road, he has 5 brothers and 3 sisters but i think the Robert you are thinking of is called Mayor not Myers. He was telling me about collecting frogs and newts as a kid from in the old brickyard...

Hiya i know john.& Glyn mark steve bless him and i think Danny another very good family off the flower

I've heard there were a few families living up there that were responsible for most of the crime within a few miles radius of the Flower Estate.

Police drivers didn't bother chasing joyriders round the streets of North Sheffield; they'd just lie on wait on the Flower Estate for them to turn up later!

Those houses have now been flattened, as part of the recent encroachment of housing developments onto Wincobank Hill.

No one owned the estate. we were off Daffodil road but were quiet happy playing on Honeysuckle road with the Woodwards & Robbo's.On Hyacinth with the myers.Lets start another Debate Which was the Best road on the flower estate Obviously Daffodil road but whay does everyone else think

Carol , are you related to the Lawtons who lived at No 40 ? i remember Peter and big Gordon .

John was one of my best mates when we were growing up on the flower

Carol , are you related to the Lawtons who lived at No 40 ? i remember Peter and big Gordon .

hiya this site brings back memories , some of the names i remember are walkers , flints, welches, bycrofts, greens , whittles, bains , winstanleys, carnalls, thought id chuck a few in , i was only looking for an exchange on sheffield forum. lol lol and the fire stories i remember them there was one on next block,on daffodil, other side of gennel where bycrofts lived the dad died i think he went back in to save the dog. and the fire brigade were on strike at the time and green goddeses had to come so didnt get there for awhile but i think the son got out , think their family name was Wildgoose ? also remember shentall or Stones ? fire where the dad died,and the house was empty for ages.

Yes it was Len wildgoose who died in the fire.Think he was the uncle of Jimmy & michael Broddie

yes gracie the lawtons was my mums family

garry new you would love this site lol i was like ohhhh my god

garry we was the best road cos it was the one of the longest roads on flower estate.

Edited by carol green

yes gracie the lawtons was my mums family

garry new you would love this site lol i was like ohhhh my god

garry we was the best road cos it was the one of the longest roads on flower estate.

Carol its great this site.its nice to catch up with people