Flower Estate, what went on?

gary bilton went to shiregreen together and hinde house havent seen him in years how is he

Hiya hes ok, he got married last year after living with girlfriend for 17 years and having 4 kids, (Thought he'd try it out first) lol

hi sue i dont see much of my family to be honest i see me oldest brother david now and again when i go to the dentist near where he works but he married susan york, kenneth stanley was one of his mates i dont remember others sorry but i will ask him when i see him again.

Hi Carol, I was just reading your post and noticed your brother knew Kenneth Stanley. I'm doing my family tree and found that Kenneth signed Fanny Stanleys death certificate - she was my great grandmother. I didn't know that my grandmother had a younger brother until my certificate arrived today. Would you please pass my email address ([email protected]) on to Kenneth or his family as I would dearly love to find more about our family history. Thank you soooo much. Kirsten x

Hi Carol, I was just reading your post and noticed your brother knew Kenneth Stanley. I'm doing my family tree and found that Kenneth signed Fanny Stanleys death certificate - she was my great grandmother. I didn't know that my grandmother had a younger brother until my certificate arrived today. Would you please pass my email address ([email protected]) on to Kenneth or his family as I would dearly love to find more about our family history. Thank you soooo much. Kirsten x

i remember a ken stanley he was in my class at school both left in 1944

he lived in a big house i think it was on shiregreen lane across from the brick company any help

it looks like we found the right family hope gary can help you out

it looks like we found the right family hope gary can help you out

thank you so much, Kirsten x

Hi there.we lived at no 35 Daffodil road.we all had big families in late 60s and 70s i knew all the big families we grew a bond between us all.we had our ups and downs but as a kid it was great growing up on the flower estatewe had and still have respect for each other

Hi Kirsten.i was born in no 2 Clematis road.My dad was Ken Stanley.i had an uncle George who died young uncle Percy who lived in Kimberworth rotherham.he died around i think 98 or 99.my dad ken died sept 99.alice lived on Chesterfield road for many a year.think Lily lived at Hackenthorpe.Jean lives or did in whiteways road Grimesthorpe.my mums still alive she knows everthing as mothers do.If you need further help just get in touch at [email protected] your link to the family if you dont mind me asking.cheers Garry

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirstenswift

Hi Kirsten.i was born in no 2 Clematis road.My dad was Ken Stanley.i had an uncle George who died young uncle Percy who lived in Kimberworth rotherham.he died around i think 98 or 99.my dad ken died sept 99.alice lived on Chesterfield road for many a year.think Lily lived at Hackenthorpe.Jean lives or did in whiteways road Grimesthorpe.my mums still alive she knows everthing as mothers do.If you need further help just get in touch at [email protected] your link to the family if you dont mind me asking.cheers Garry

I grew up on the flower estate and it did get really rough and tough in the late 70's and 80's. According to my parents (my mom lived on there from being a child) the estate was a nice place to live with a good community spirit until the slum clearances of the late 60's and 70's came along. This brought in a lot of problem families which were normally large in numbers. In my time there, I saw the place really deteriorate with certain families interbreeding and causing grief for the others. There were, however, quite a number of decent folk living on the 'flower' and people do tend to overlook this when scrutinising similar estates. Having said that, it was a joyous occasion when I eventually uprooted and left the decay.

If you want to pm me I can let you know a bit more, I think it's a little insensitive to bandy names around on a forum.

Hi Little Alex/We lived on Daffodil road for years.as you say when we were kids it was great.We all had big families but we all no matter how big the family had respect for each others parents.We would be friends one day then fighting the next thats how it was.still see some of the lads and still there's that respect for each otherWe lived at no 35 in late 60s well into the 70s thats when i moved off only to move to Honeysuckle road then moved out of the area but still have family around there.if you want to get in touch with email let me know cheers

his your dad the same ken as was in my class at school left in 1944 lived on shiregreen lane he would have been 69 then when he passed away yours a woollen

hiya garry you found us then lol.

like gary said we did all pull together like the time our house got set on fire by the nutcase that lived a few doors away who got up in the middle of the night gave there beds up for 2 week for us girls your family did and i will never forget that. i often talk about the good old days of daffodil road. i lived at number 38.

kirstenswift glad to be of help just good timing i spoted garry on facebook

and yes awoolen you are probably right it would be the same ken.