Flower Estate, what went on?

I used to live at number 3 Daffodil Rd from 77/81 the people i knew back then were the innocents who lived at number 5,the mayors,the dawtry's,the webbs, the potts,the wakes lived a few doors up the road.I remember only being about 8/9 y.o at the time & i used to walk round holding hands with this lass who was around the same age as me who lived next to the gennell up the road leading onto the field at the back but cannot remember her name,i sure she had long blond hair back then.

hiya mark it could have been lisa we was the first gennell that you would come tothere wouldnt have been any on your side as we was on the side of the woods so comeing up daffodil to ours at 38 we was the first gennel. sorry all iv not been on this one for a bit so still catching up and sending replys out lol.

my dad is john myers who lived on the bend at the top of daffdil road, he has 5 brothers and 3 sisters but i think the Robert you are thinking of is called Mayor not Myers. He was telling me about collecting frogs and newts as a kid from in the old brickyard...

Hi Mido2k2, I know your aunt lyndsey She was in the same class as me at school, as well as your aunt shirley (walker

she is my oldest daughters god mother ) your aunt andrea's husband tony

worked for us for some years, firvale motorist on herries rd firvale, my hubby still rings him now & again as we now live in mallorca, my name is sue jackson (nee Haddon) I also remember the good times on the estate & the brickyard & quarry behind the school, does anyone know what happened to any of the other girls that were at school with us; pat allan, gloria willis, marina ogden, peggy hudson, to name but a few,

i live at 90 daffidoll road iknew your gary went to school to gether chris shentall i loved the estate then great times

i live at 90 daffidoll road iknew your gary went to school to gether chris shentall i loved the estate then great times

which gary did you know walker or Bilton

you got a brother called lee and brent, both older than you if memory serves me right

Yea sorry Carol i lived on the left hand side as you walked up from the field

Edited by mark1971

Have just joined Forum and first thing i look at is a thread on Flower Estate.

We lived on Daffodil Road right below castle {108 i think) but left in 1953, anyone remember any families living in that area then. I remember my father having pigs on top of Wincobank hill right next to castle, also seem to think there was a farm at side of castle? cant be sure as i was only 10.

Have just joined Forum and first thing i look at is a thread on Flower Estate.

We lived on Daffodil Road right below castle {108 i think) but left in 1953, anyone remember any families living in that area then. I remember my father having pigs on top of Wincobank hill right next to castle, also seem to think there was a farm at side of castle? cant be sure as i was only 10.

there was some cottages there a few yards away i delivered milk there in 1944 when i was 14

left shiregreen school in 1944 i lived on bevercotes road upto 1960 when i got married

Hello

Can anyone fill me in on any recent history about the Flower Estate? I have heard that there were a couple of famillies that used to 'own' the estate, I'm trying to find out more about the last ten years or so. Does anyone know what happened to them, and what happened to all the people who lived in the houses that were demolished?

Thanks

I've heard there were a few families living up there that were responsible for most of the crime within a few miles radius of the Flower Estate.

Police drivers didn't bother chasing joyriders round the streets of North Sheffield; they'd just lie on wait on the Flower Estate for them to turn up later!

Those houses have now been flattened, as part of the recent encroachment of housing developments onto Wincobank Hill.

I've heard there were a few families living up there that were responsible for most of the crime within a few miles radius of the Flower Estate.

Police drivers didn't bother chasing joyriders round the streets of North Sheffield; they'd just lie on wait on the Flower Estate for them to turn up later!

Those houses have now been flattened, as part of the recent encroachment of housing developments onto Wincobank Hill.

Did you actually live there , we did and it was no different than any where else, There were big families and every one knew who they were and knew not to tangle with them as they stook together what ever, It got rougher before the houses got knocked down, yes the joy riders always ended up on wincobank hill but better there than on the street , (not that im agreeing with joy riding ) and then the burnt out cars were left for the police to find, when they eventually turned up, just like now really.

Carol , are you related to the Lawtons who lived at No 40 ? i remember Peter and big Gordon .

gary bilton went to shiregreen together and hinde house havent seen him in years how is he

yes my brothers are **********both doing ok . The hells angels remeber them beany dulion beany got tatooest at hillbrough turn out a nice bloke.

Edited by clinteastwoo