Pamplona bull run in Spain this July

I am thinking of going to the pampalona bull run this year in spain. I always wanted to do it. What do you people think would you like to get chased by bulls isit just me or is there anyone elese who would do it as well. ur adrenaline level triples in seconds

I doubt if your holiday insurance would cover your medical expenses should you be trampled, gored or injured in some other way. Hospital bills in Spain will be mightily expensive.

Does that salient thought temper your adrenaline rush?

obviously I'm not advocating getting gored on the cheap but if you fill in a form and register then you get emergency NHS care in Spain (and anywhere in the EU)

i've always wanted to do it (the bull run, not register)

Hi, if you can get more people to join you I will go with you, it sounds very exciting. More importantly where can i get one of those forms for emergency NHS care in EU?

Hi, if you can get more people to join you I will go with you, it sounds very exciting. More importantly where can i get one of those forms for emergency NHS care in EU?

Try here. And good luck.....

Done it and loved it.

It isn't cruel as the bulls are on a level playing field and they cause a hell of a lot of damage to people, with very little damage to the bulls.

Problem is finding anywhere to stay. Everywhere is booked up with months to go and most people get very drunk and just end up sleeping out under the night sky.

Actually did the run by accident as I wasn't going to do it at first, but ended up in the street at the wrong time in the wrong place. Heard a loud bang and then saw a lot of men dressed in red and white running towards me and guessed I should run too..... In the end you end up running into a big bull ring and have thousands of people cheering you for making it (which I wasn't expecting either).

you can stop on a campsite in zarautz 15km outside pamplona in a seaside resort .you can hire a cabin . fly to bilboa and hire a car or mini cruise from southampton or portsmouth 2 nights on board. also there is a running of the bulls aug 24th to 31st in madrid in a village on the outskirts. also festival adventures do coach holidays to the bull runs in both cities starting at £219 up to £289.

you can stop on a campsite in zarautz 15km outside pamplona in a seaside resort .you can hire a cabin . fly to bilboa and hire a car or mini cruise from southampton or portsmouth 2 nights on board. also there is a running of the bulls aug 24th to 31st in madrid in a village on the outskirts. also festival adventures do coach holidays to the bull runs in both cities starting at £219 up to £289.

zarautz is at least 100km through mountains to pamplona

zarautz is at least 100km through mountains to pamplona

yeh sorry i got it wrong it's camping ezcaba 7 km from pamplona i was mixed up with a fishing holiday we had. zarautz is just outside san sebastion. i drove through there about 4 weeks ago. the roads are not like they were a few years ago , they are very good now.

zarautz is 90km [55miles away ] just over 1 hours drive down the A 15 .

Why anyone would want to take part in something as brutal and cruel as this is beyond me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L48LPzFNqi4 (warning; not pleasant)

I agree with you why would any one want to carry on encouraging the disgusting way the Spanish treat bulls is beyond me:suspect:

I suppose everyone thinking of going thinks the bulls enjoy this:loopy:

You could then go on to take part in quail-catapulting in Valencia - quails, bred for the purpose and just a few weeks old, are pushed into a cannon, fired into the air and finished off with a shotgun!

"Spain tends to defend behavior that is cruel to animals by arguing that it is part of its tradition and cultural heritage" :rolleyes: