Would you have cosmetic surgery?

If money was no object would you have any cosmwtic surgery done? Which bits of yourself would you change?

I wouldn't cos I'd be scared to death of either

a) Not waking up from the anaesthetic(sic??) or

b) Not being asleep during the operation :o

Most of the people who I know have had it done really didn't need it in my opinion. I am not talking about people who have had cosmetic surgery after burns etc but people who reduce noses, boobs etc.

Yes i would have bigger breasts 8) could do with a tummy tuck thou don't think the NHS would let me have one :?

Yes would definitely have it if I had the money!!!!!!

Though I must admit seeing film of liposuction very offputting.

And as for the anaesthetic, have only had one op but found the pre-med and anaesthetic very enjoyable . . . . . .

Would have plastic surgery, and then get a job in the Spearmint Rhino

Been under anesthetic 3 times and it was the best experience of my life.

The first to have 4 wisdom teeth taken out

The second to have keyhole surgery

The third to have keyhole surgery to correct the previous op

I was petrified about the anesthetic. The nurse said that, that is what most people fear. Never woke up through the op but they did cut my face when they took my teeth out so I sued and made 3 grand.........which was nice

Yeah, but not telling you which bits I would change.

:banana:

Originally posted by Jon

Yes i would have bigger breasts 8) could do with a tummy tuck thou don't think the NHS would let me have one :?

Jon I may have led a sheltered life but why would a man want bigger boobs :?

I think that all the stars who have had facelifts look ridiculous cos it's so obvious, it just doesn't look natural.

Men look wonderful as they age (if they look after their bodies that is). Nothing more attractive than a 'grown up' man, laughter lines and all.

I liked that joke....

"Mary Archer's had a face lift"

"Really? Which one?"

or the finest-

Fish 1:"Richard Nixon has had an a***hole transplant"

Fish 2:"Amazing"

Fish 3:"Have you read the stop press? The a***hole rejected him!"

As for cosmetic surgery - for clinical reasons - why on earth not. And if a significant psychological problem is being caused by a physical characteristic, then that is a clinical reason too.

But for vanity, well, people should be free to do as they please, but surgery is a risk, and quite a large one as things go, especially with general anaesthetic.

Not to mention the rather daft looking results. Remember the mother's friend in Brazil? All pinched and starched looking, like some mask.

Stuff like botox - non-permament seems ok (apart from the injecting yourself with botulinum toxins), and makes people look like startled bad actors unable to frown.

And Jon probably wants bigger boobs so he could lie in bed and play with them :D

Xxxxxxxxxx

When I was younger (and called 'concorde' or 'gonzo' at school) I couldn't wait to be old enough to get a nose job, you know, one of those cute little ones that turn up at the end. Being older and wiser, and after seeing operations on the telly, I decided I'm quite happy with my hooter, thanks!

I quite fancy the idea of liposuction. The idea of all that fat being sucked out into a bottle gives me an empowered feeling, a bit like popping spots. Yuk!!! Hope you're not having lunch while reading this. What happens to all the hanging skin though when the fat has been removed?

In my dreams I would have all sorts done - tucks here and tucks there, bits sliced off here and bits added there - but in reality I am

a. too scared of all of the horror stories

b. too poor

c. too idle

and

d. should how you look matter? Sometimes I think it does and sometimes I think it doesnt.....

Originally posted by Mo

Hope you're not having lunch while reading this. What happens to all the hanging skin though when the fat has been removed?

Isn't it s t r e t c h e d back into shape?

I'm more interested in what happens to the fat. Do they make it into sausages?