How many pubs in Carbrook in the sixties

Hi

Yes Rod went to Carbrook C of E he is 53 and used to play in goals at football on the carbrook rec with Johnny Williams, Fuzzy Holford, Billy Otter, Ernest Car, Kenneth Newton, to name but I few

Got together with a few friends this evening and we think we have cracked the pubs from Carbrook Street to Staniforth Road - Its like being on the Krypton Factor (showing our age) Here goes

Fitzwilliam, Wentworth, Broughton, Bird in Hand, Enfield, Railway,Carbrook Conservative Club Attercliffe Common), Lambpool, Filesmith, Amberley, Salutation, Gate, Tramcar, Hilltop Tavern, , Golden Ball,Greyhound, Attercliffe Lib Club, Pheasant (facing Worksop Road), Brittania, Coach & Horses, Kings Head, Station, Queens, Horse & Jockey, Dog & Partridge - Phew 25 and this is just Attercliffe Common, Lots more on back roads

We used to say when we were younger we'll have a drink in each pub from Weedon Street to Staniforth Road, 40 in total, Never managed this. If we have missed any out let us know

Another bottle of wine I think

Hi Carbrook Lad,

Many thanks for your reply. I was wanting to know how many pubs in Carbook its self? What year did you leave Carbrook Church of England School {if you went there} My maiden Name was Martin............Ann Martin I left in 1962 and lived on Yarmouth Street.My Dad was always in the Royal Pub at the top of Mons Street. Where did you live? Kind Regards, Ann

well i never ...ann martin....i remember you...prettiest girl in carbrook...you used to be big friends with alice smith on bright street around 1963

well i never ...ann martin....i remember you...prettiest girl in carbrook...you used to be big friends with alice smith on bright street around 1963

actually ....i think alice lived on yarmouth street too but always seem to remember you both round bright street ....can,t remember alices brothers name...he was about 4 years older than her

Hi anlabystreet,

I used to live @ 324 bright st, it was the house right on the cornner of two streets (can't remember the other street, but it went upto atticliffe, had a pub on the corner )..went to Carbrook C of E around 63...this site brings back so many memories .

Hi anlabystreet,

I used to live @ 324 bright st, it was the house right on the cornner of two streets (can't remember the other street, but it went upto atticliffe, had a pub on the corner )..went to Carbrook C of E around 63...this site brings back so many memories .

hi i lived 213 bright street went to carbrook c e left 1959 they were good times then you could go out and be safe

hi i lived 213 bright street went to carbrook c e left 1959 they were good times then you could go out and be safe

Hi cleegirl...yep ur right it was a safe time..i remember going all over the place alone, or with my mates, must have been no older than 7-8yrs old!

So u lived on the opposite side of my house..did u have to go through an alley to get to yr back yard?? coz i remember having friends that lived there.

Wasn't there a shop right on the corner at the end of the street, I remember he use to have a barrel with all sorts of things inside, and u wud have to pay to have a turn and try to dig out a great toy or sweets!

Carbrook was a great little area, take care

Lynblu

I think you will find Carbrook area goes past Janson street as Terry Street and the Carbrook Rec are on the Sheffield side of Janson Street.

Maybe someone could check on a map, although areas do change over time.

PopT

Hi cleegirl...yep ur right it was a safe time..i remember going all over the place alone, or with my mates, must have been no older than 7-8yrs old!

So u lived on the opposite side of my house..did u have to go through an alley to get to yr back yard?? coz i remember having friends that lived there.

Wasn't there a shop right on the corner at the end of the street, I remember he use to have a barrel with all sorts of things inside, and u wud have to pay to have a turn and try to dig out a great toy or sweets!

Carbrook was a great little area, take care

hi no i was near the the co op end of bright street the sop i always remember was alberts it was like an aladins cave boxes piled high you could just see his flat cap behind the counter but he had eyes everywhere he new every inch of the shop

Hi Anlabystreet,

Alice Smith brother was called Mick she also had a sister called Jean......I would love to hear from them.......

On some sad news my friend Denise college saw it in the paper that Norman

Goodrum had died last week aged 61.

Ann (nee Martin)

Hi. beaubon dont recollect A Plumpers in CarbrooK, ( 2 in Tinsley) but if you use the ones you have listed. to the boundries that popT and Lynblu have collated then you have -Birdin Hand -Enfield- Railway- Brown Bear ( Clifton Street where Spencer Broughtons Body was "Gibbeted" ) Filesmiths - Lampool and deduct the Plumpers then I make it 18

Dont remember the Crown either

You Missed one Beaubon "The Gate" across from Stanfords Fishibg tackle shop