Do you cry to a sad film?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Do you cry to a sad film?

• I am female and I cry to a sad film
    • I am female and I never cry to a sad film
    • I am male and I cry to a sad film
    • I am male and I never cry to a sad film

Originally posted by spook1210

yep although i've usually got something in my eye you understand, ahem. The last time I had something in my eye was when watching K-Pax *sniff*

What made you cry at K-Pax? I think it's an amazing film, but I don't think it's a cryer!

All those romantic weepies like Titanic never make me cry, although I cry at just about everything else!

As mentioned in a previous thread, watch the original version of "The Incredible Journey". I shall share the end with you…

Little boy turns to his dad and says "It's all right dad, I knew Bodger was too old to make it."

"Woof, woof!"

"Listen!" says the dad.

"It can't be... can it?!?!" says the little boy.

Over the hill come Bodger, the old bull terrier!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Bloody marvellous! Mind you, I even cry watching Independence Day!

The news often has me welling up in tears, and the moment in the killing fields when Dith Pran has escaped from the Khmer Rouge and crosses the ridge to see the Red Cross tents. Awesomely moving. But mostly it is things like Iraq, Victoria Climbie, Jamie Bulger, Afghanistan and the Middle East that make me cry when reported dispassionately on the news.

I cry all the time about everything

The end of Surprise Surprise with the "You havent seen him for 50 years but here he is now..." always always got me.

It adds to the pleasure for me.

I am delighted to hear that Forum men are not afraid of a few little tears either

Good for you!!

An interesting poll just now, with more men then women having a few tears.

I cried my eyes out over the Green Mile.

I cry at sad films. I must admit I'm a bit surprised that the male vote is ahead of the women at present. I'm sure the only film I've seen men crying in at the cinema was Schindler's List. So you must be drying your eyes pretty quick before the lights come on! Either that or you're having a good cry in the privacy of your own homes!

Originally posted by Lou

I must admit I'm a bit surprised that the male vote is ahead of the women at present.

Probably to do with the fact that there are more male members.

Originally posted by Sidla

Probably to do with the fact that there are more male members.

I did wonder about that ;)

Originally posted by Lou

I must admit I'm a bit surprised that the male vote is ahead of the women at present.

Don't be surprised! Us men are still very selective about the circumstances in which we show such emotion. I bet that 90% of the men that admitted to crying would also admit they wouldn't if another man is present!

Interestingly though, while a greater number of men admit to being cryers than women, 100% of the women that answered the poll admit to being cryers, while about 20% of the men who answered said they wouldn't cry.

For the record, it doesn't matter if theres another bloke present.

whats the big deal about showing your emotions anyway?

I'll be the one girlie who never cries at sad movies then.

I always feel that I'm supposed to be being manipulated into crying at movies, which I object to, so never do.

I save my tears for real life sad things...and for moments of overwhelming hormone attacks like PMT:P - or as my beloved calls it, crying for no good reason at all:o :lol: