Aircraft crash sites on Outer Edge / Midhope Moors

I've camped out in the peaks too many times to count, i've never seen a ghost plane though. :suspect:

Your sat on the wrong heath.

Iv heard many stories about it but never seen it. Some say its linked to the sheffield incident of 1997 where a ufo was seen, followed by military jets, which then supposedly crashed but was denied and covered up by the government.

See here.... http://www.militaryairshows.co.uk/unex6.htm

to see it you need to be out there around sep - oct around 7am with a belly full of those little mushrooms that grow around there ?

I was gonna try stella artoir, but come to think about it the mushrooms will be better, can you get me some??

When I was around 18 years old, me and my flatmate were walking to the petrol station along Edmund Road.

I looked back and in the sky coming towards us at speed was a white light.

As it got closer we ran to the garage, just before I got under the canopy of the garage I saw what looked to be a black cargo plane, fly directly over us heading towards town.

I got home and reported it to the police, I had to report it as a ufo as I was unsure about whether I had seen a plane, it was night, I was looking at a black plane like silhouette on a black night background, but reported it as a ufo because I wasn't sure.

The police lady re-assured me that I'm not the only one to have reported this kind of phenomena and they believe that drug barons use low flying camouflaged cargo planes to drop drugs from.

After looking it up it turns out that the ghost planes are more common than ufo sighting.

Edited by Digsy

Just wondering if anyone else has seen it before? Saw it ages ago when i went to thornbridge as a kid and its always been in my mind. Looked out the window of the coach into the sky and I saw an old WW plane above, turned away for a second to tell everyone, turned back to look at it and it just dissapeared! Never have believed in Ghosts and still dont, but what i saw that day was rather strange and inexplainable :|

Anyone else had an experience like this?

last time i was out on moors i saw a ghost plane huge white thing i even took notes about the details of it like it said easy jet on rear was so scary too i havent slept with lights of since

Just wondering if anyone else has seen it before? Saw it ages ago when i went to thornbridge as a kid and its always been in my mind. Looked out the window of the coach into the sky and I saw an old WW plane above, turned away for a second to tell everyone, turned back to look at it and it just dissapeared! Never have believed in Ghosts and still dont, but what i saw that day was rather strange and inexplainable :|

Anyone else had an experience like this?

I saw it too in may 1995 while walking on crags above hathersage.sunny day around mid afternoon, just for a couple of seconds, not been drinking and never done drugs, world war 2 plane, very dark grey. think 2 engines under each wing, very weird experience. no noise either despite very still and quiet day. I believe you saw it too. take no notice of anyone else, never believed this stuff myself till this experience.

Oh i've seen something i couldn't explain, full account is on here actually, i've just never seen this particular "ghost plane".

Oh i've seen something i couldn't explain, full account is on here actually, i've just never seen this particular "ghost plane".

Which 'heath' was this from mate?

There isn't any one particular ghost plane, there are fleets of them, of all different types.

It's not just us in the UK that spot them either, they have been spotted (as ufo sightings) all over the planet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8iWO12H1dE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzhb17FSXv4

The US appear to be tackling these drug planes, some have to land, some have cargo holds that can be opened and the drugs dropped onto land/water.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/Sugar-dropped-plane-dummy-drugs-run/article-1116930-detail/article.html

I was gonna try stella artoir, but come to think about it the mushrooms will be better, can you get me some??

not this time of year but hear they sell mexican mushys in the forum in town ???

suposed to be mind bending :hihi::help:

wait till octberish and go pick some lay flat between some old news paper in a airing cubby and dry out can then be ground in to a powder and saved over time :roll:

My dad saw it, must be 15 years ago, on the way to Catleton, just after the railway bridge near the Poachers arms.

He was in a van with another colleague when he said he looked out of the window to see a WW2 plane flying low. It made no noise and then disappered behind them out of view. They thought it had crashed and stopped the van to take a look but there was nothing there.

He didn't even believe that sort of stuff and I still don't think he ever did.

At the exact spot where they saw it, on the dry stone wall, is a small memorial plaque to some aircrew that lost their lives at that spot.