Desperate. Nicking from Bins !

I wonder if things like this happen in Germany or Sweden or Japan or other countries. I hope it bloody does, it`d be shamefull if it just happened here.

In the Scandinavian countries (often held up as paragons of virtue) they just burn down their churches instead. Whereas in the States, they walk into places like Meadowhall or Hallam Uni and shoot everyone in sight. In Japan people join cults which plan to gas everyone on the Tokyo tube system.

It's not just here ;)

The locks are on bins in a select few streets, by the way, because there has been a problem with youths setting bins on fire. I'd want a locked bin myself if that was happening so I don't see what the issue is? :huh:

Just been reading in the Star what a horrible place Gleadless Valley must be to live in. . It mentions crime, anti-social behaviour, longevity......al the usual problems.

People in Gleadless suffer from longevity??? selfish ****

In the Scandinavian countries (often held up as paragons of virtue) they just burn down their churches instead. Whereas in the States, they walk into places like Meadowhall or Hallam Uni and shoot everyone in sight. In Japan people join cults which plan to gas everyone on the Tokyo tube system.

It's not just here ;)

The locks are on bins in a select few streets, by the way, because there has been a problem with youths setting bins on fire. I'd want a locked bin myself if that was happening so I don't see what the issue is? :huh:

Yeah when you think about it, burning bins is bad but... better then being shot or gassed or burned alive in a church :D

Why do they set them on fire ?

To get rid of the evidence I expect.

When I first read the title to this thread I thought your bin had been rifled by a passing family of Freegans. :)

Why oh why have i moved to Gleadless Valley, surely there must be some good points to it!!! Anyone...??

Why oh why have i moved to Gleadless Valley, surely there must be some good points to it!!! Anyone...??

Your allowed to move off it.

I heared they set fire to the plastic bins then sniff the smoke for a high. I used to live in Gleadless in the very early 80s and it wasnt that bad then even though it had a baddish reputation- I earned the title "The Gleadless bull" because at my age then, in my early 20s, I spent my spare time trying to impregnate anything with a pulse :D

I was only there for a year or so but it seemed to be an ok place, obviously its gone right down hill now, which is odd because places usually go to pot when I move in, not after Ive moved out!

are sure it was not the gleadless bull****er jabberwocky

After about 6 pints... yeah, yeah it was :D

I'm told that there's been a big problem with people setting fire to bins in Meersbrook recently.

Me and the OH asked to move to Gleadless Valley - we love it here - these problems are happening everywhere - it looks like this week its Gleadless Valley's turn in the "worst place to live" hotseat.

Whereabouts do you live Gemgems? PM me if you want :D

Hahahaha, as i know the bloke in question,i,m just sorry i didn,t think of that reply.He is a genuinely nice bloke though.Sorry Jabba,but it was funny.