Ceiling mounted clothes airer - where can I get one in Sheff?

Does anybody know where I can get an old fashioned ceiling mounted clothes airer in Sheffield? The type with the pulley so that you can lower it to load with washing and then raise out of the way. Argos used to sell them, but no longer have them, and they are pricey on ebay. Anybody know?:huh:

There was a thread about these a couple of weeks ago; it looks like they are only mail order these days.

Use the search, I think it was in "General".

There was a thread about these a couple of weeks ago; it looks like they are only mail order these days.

Use the search, I think it was in "General".

Thanks, I'll do a search. What with rising energy bills and global warming, methinks it's time to chuck out the tumble dryer!

Does anybody know where I can get an old fashioned ceiling mounted clothes airer in Sheffield? The type with the pulley so that you can lower it to load with washing and then raise out of the way. Argos used to sell them, but no longer have them, and they are pricey on ebay. Anybody know?:huh:
http://www.castinstyle.co.uk/product.php/285/0/clothes_airer___standard_kitchen_maid_/0ce06ffe16429ad21f5a3c05d8bdaee2

try the link we got one some time bk from them...

I got one off ebay for about £30 - they are called "Sheila Maids". To buy new there can be upto £80 depending on the size you want. They are great thought if you have a high ceilings.

We got one latter half of last year from B&Q on Queens Rd. £29 IIRC. They had a few in stock at the time, and I think it was own brand.

I used to have one and it was very useful (apparently). My mum still has one of these as did both my grans and call it a creel, anyone else know it as that? It wouldn't take long for one to pay for itself against the cost of running a tumble dryer.

Williamson Hardware at Broomhill stock them , also in kit form so you can build to your own specification.

Got ours from John Lewis a few years back.