Quiet pubs in town

Hi

My fiance is having his stag night the first weekend in March and my mums partner wants to join them for a couple early in the evening. He is 73 and has been very ill recently so doesn't cope well with busy/loud pubs. Can anybody suggest anywhere that will be quietish at about 7.30 - 8pm?

Red Deer, Fagan's, Red House, Three Tuns, or Dog & Partridge should be OK around that time. Any earlier in the evening and they tend to fill up with people leaving the office. Young folk not often found there though, which is probably want you want. :)

Have a great do!

Red Deer, Fagan's, Red House, Three Tuns, or Dog & Partridge should be OK around that time. Any earlier in the evening and they tend to fill up with people leaving the office. Young folk not often found there though, which is probably want you want. :)

Have a great do!

Thanks so much, neither of us go to town much so are both useless!

I'd certainly second The Red Deer.

It's a traditional pub - very pleasnt clientele and staff.

Whereabouts is the red deer?

The Devonshire Arms at the bottom of Ecclesall Rd is perfect for what you are asking for.

Definitely not the museum, it is a scum hole. I agree about the red deer and the dog and partridge.

BTW I think it's lovely that your fiance is doing that. You seem to have found a very nice bloke, good luck for the wedding. I hope it all goes well and you have a long and happy marraige.

x

Red Deer, Fagan's, Red House, Three Tuns, or Dog & Partridge

A very good list of boozers! Add to that the Bath Hotel, and maybe a trip down the Kelham Island areas and a good time will be had by all.

Hi

My fiance is having his stag night the first weekend in March and my mums partner wants to join them for a couple early in the evening. He is 73 and has been very ill recently so doesn't cope well with busy/loud pubs. Can anybody suggest anywhere that will be quietish at about 7.30 - 8pm?

have you tried wig and pen?

oh just thought if hes that age hell like all that funny beer/ale so what about FAT CAT and all those pubs round there? shalesmoor, just off tram route