Would you turn in your own member of family to the police?

not read through but i think it would depend on how much of a danger they were to others

Is it that clear to you? Would you turn a relative in for a "petty" law like speeding? That's just an example, I don't want to start one of the dreaded speeding debates please. :rolleyes:

Without knowing the details I think it is hard to judge someone for their actions.

Is it that clear to you? Would you turn a relative in for a "petty" law like speeding? That's just an example, I don't want to start one of the dreaded speeding debates please. :rolleyes:

I know that there are grey areas but to my mind the fundamental laws are the easiest to adhere to. Everybody breaks the law - The only way you'd be able not to break a law is to live in a darkened cellar and not move (although you'd probably get done for loitering) - but when willfull disregard is displayed then I consider it duty to assist in prosecution.

I'll not go running to the old bill if I see someone doing 34 in a 30 zone but if someone's taking liberties then I'm happy to help.

i grew up knowing that if i did anything wrong, my parents would tell the police. i never have did anything wrong and neither has my brother or sister. i passed those words onto my own children and im hoping they will tell their kids the same.

I don't know about anybody else but I am wondering how Lil sis has gone on after this morning. She is, after all, the one who resurrected this thread from Jan '05.

What did he/she do? :o

Using meth, terrorizing family.

Thanks for replying Lil sis. Not a nice thing to have to do but with the looks of things it had to be done.

Depends what they did.

If it was something UNFORGIVEABLE like buying Celine Dion's entire back catalogue on CD (LMAO! :lol: ) then yes, I'd shop 'em!

Thanks, Ally. It's been a really long day! I still don't know if he's gotten the paperwork yet.

If anyone in my familly committed a crime against your familly I would turn them in. If anyone in your familly committed a crime again my familly I'd expect you to turn them in. If you chose to go down the route of extra judicial then game on.

If anyone in my familly committed a crime against your familly I would turn them in. If anyone in your familly committed a crime again my familly I'd expect you to turn them in. If you chose to go down the route of extra judicial then game on.

Isn't that a rather ambivalent answer, given that the question asked was would you turn in a member of your own family family to the police?