Why do people jump on the "We hate PC World" bandwagon so freely?!

Why do people hate PC World?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Why do people hate PC World?

• Because it's "cool" to hate them
    • Because I've had problems with them before
    • Don't know
    • Other comment (keep clean/non insulting)

I know, and you know what? I don't care! I've been belittled and took the **** out of all my online life for having differing opinions to what is "cool" to like, for example I like Microsoft and Xboxes, the "in" crowd like Sony and PS2/3, do I care that certain people online don't like me because of these opinions? No, it's their problem IMO, live with it.

Well MS & Xboxes notwithstanding (I use 2000 Pro & XP happily among all the others & am not a console geek) how about actually considering that there may be the slightest chance that perhaps you might actually be wrong in this instance, & that PCWorld might actually suck?

I for one would have a lot more respect for you if you could jump off your high-horse for once & actually admit that one of your rabidly held opinions may be not entirely correct.

For one I'm opening up by not taking the **** out of you for once & giving you a chance, even though my sarcasm gland is shouting at me to start :)

All opinions may be equal, but some are based on experience and fact and others on wishes and hot air.

If they are as bad as is being made out why are they thriving as a business rather than going bust, just a thought.

:huh:

I work for PCW and i also used to work for the computer people, who sold time and tinys. its true that everyone wants to flame the people who work there. do you have any idea how high the turn over of staff is at this kind of place, and keeping everyone trained to a certain level can be quite difficult. im not going to dispute the fact that there are people that work there who struggle with the whole information relaying thing, but there are also some people that work there who are the salt of the earth and they go that extra mile for their customers. so i would just like to say, dont tar us all with the brush thanks and as for the extended warranties - they are really useful to have and we dont actually make any commission on anything we sell these days.

:D

hello loz :D

fancy seeing you here..

If they are as bad as is being made out why are they thriving as a business rather than going bust, just a thought.

:huh:

Because something like 95% of the public are deeply ignorant of all things technical, particularly computers. They wouldn't know being ripped off or talked BS at if they had their wallet removed and a large male bovine animal was defecating on them.

PC world does quite well fleecing and taking advantage of the many many people who go there in the mistaken belief that they will be sold what they require for a reasonable price.

Because something like 95% of the public are deeply ignorant of all things technical, particularly computers. They wouldn't know being ripped off or talked BS at if they had their wallet removed and a large male bovine animal was defecating on them.

PC world does quite well fleecing and taking advantage of the many many people who go there in the mistaken belief that they will be sold what they require for a reasonable price.

Exactly.

Which raises concerns about other DSG outlets (see my post above - #64).

I know, and you know what? I don't care! I've been belittled and took the **** out of all my online life for having differing opinions to what is "cool" to like

It's not for having differing opinions, it's the way you present them that you're being labelled a troll and arrogant.

If you can't see this and change your ways, I think it will continue for the rest of your time online, from forum to forum.

I voted for because it's cool to hate PC World. It's cool to hate.

I voted for because it's cool to hate PC World. It's cool to hate.

:hihi: I feel sorry for the Sad'os that collect PCWORLD adverts and put them on youtube :hihi:

:hihi: I feel sorry for the Sad'os that collect PCWORLD adverts and put them on youtube :hihi:

do they really do that:o

Thanks for all the positive coments about us at VeryPC!

I don't "hate PC world". I use them. What i don't allow them to do is use me.

I've bought a PC from there (reduced, a warranty return base unit at a good price) and a cordless mouse with button layout that I have never seen anything quite like in design and function - I won't get rid of it even though it's no longer silver, the finish has worn off from use, for £20 in their returned goods section.

I picked up a very good portable HDD for a good price

I also went with a friend who wanted a PC and told them not to listen to the salesperson who was trying to sell them something more expensive than their needs as the spec of the machine we were looking at was more than adequate - I think I upset the "assistant".

This friend is one of the reasons that PC world exist, insisting on going to a "reputable company" just because they have flashy TV adverts than trust either an independant store or have me build one.

Mind you, I don't do interest free credit and nor do the places I source components, maybe another reason eh?

No, I don't hate PC world, I am just aghast at the mindset of people who think glossy and flashy means quality when it comes to tech support