Has anyone ever said thanks.. when they really shouldn't?

I do this too. But it's better to be and act polite, than it is not. Manners seem to be dissapearing in todays society.

Exactly manners cost nothing.

Lately I have had a few people I have held the door open for completely blank me. Its now got to a point where I am half temped to just let the door hit the person behind me. Although thankfully I am not that nasty.

i tell my computer to f*** off some times - only when she's being rude though

i once walked into a lamppost on the street, looked up and said sorry..felt like a complete idiot. i also have a habit of saying your welcome before someone thanks me that can be quite embarrasing as i feel as though they might think im prompting them to say thank you.

In one of my jobs I work on a reception desk, and all day deal with various random enquiries in person and on the phone.

You would be amazed (well maybe you wouldn't) at the amount of people who apologise for coming up and asking something, even though it's my job to help them out.

Rather than approach the desk and say "Hello" or "Excuse me" (not sure what they need to be excused from), lots of people walk up and say "sorry" then ask a question.

Odd really, but at least it's better than "Oi!" or "Hey you!"

I always say thanks when someone fails to thank me.

The same way that I say 'EXCUSE ME' WHEN SOMEONE MUSCLES PAST ME!

I said thanks to a petrol pump once. I had to look round to make sure nobody heard/saw!

It's so embarassing!

easily sorted relost. wear an elastic band around your wrist and whenever the 'thanks' escapes inappropriately....just give it a twang!

won't be long before you associate the inappropriate thanking with pain......and will stop.

tell us if you try it and if it works......

:)

I was once on tablets to relax my anxiety and they really worked..... i was walking down the stairs, proceeded to fall from halfway down, tripped over the rug in the hall way, got up, straightened the rug and apologised to it.!:loopy:

My family watching in the living room thougth this was hillarious rather than seeing if I was ok! ha