Where has my life gone?

Not been on here for ages- my baby is 7m and still not sleeping thru, my toddler is a pain in the bum-think im going mad i tell u! mad!

Anyone else like this? Any advice?

Hi Natalie! I think we all feel like we're about to go insane sometimes. My little boy didn't sleep the night til he was 10 months old, and even now at almost 3 still wakes sometimes

I have recently pondered on what happened but today has proven that I needed a new approach and to review my expectations.

We usually keep the girls restricted to the ground floor only, their playroom, the hall and the kitchen. We were surfing the net in the lounge when they woke from their afternoon nap and we let them in to play and watch tv. Our lounge is not especially child friendly and we are very cautious about allowing them in here.

Furthermore, I normally cannot access the net when they are awake, if I leave them alone for a second they are pulling blinds down, breaking each others limbs, removing nappies and standing semi naked on window ledges... etc etc etc

This afternoon they've spent time playing nicely, looking out of the window, watching tv, playing with us and looking at pictures of cows on the net (like you do when you are two LOL).

I feel quite relaxed and chilled out, happy that they can behave so I'm thinking of taking them out to have tea at pizza hut or something as a bit of a treat.

The sleep thing drove me insane but with sleep training at 10 weeks ( a diluted version with less time involved) and very quickly got some adult and social time back that way. Without it I think I might have lost the plot for a while.

I'm having nervous breakdown too, neither of mine are sleeping, i'm getting about 5 hours broken sleep and OH away on business,.Spoke to darling mother looking for some sympathy, she suggested i take kids away for a week to give poor stressed OH a break!! And to top it all off 8 month old has awoken with chicken pox. What did i do to deserve this???:confused:

I have all the sympathy in the world, sleep is the solution to all the problems we are in the middle of toughening up don't suppose i can now he has the dreaded pox.

It's hard isnt it!! especially with no sleep. My little one is 9 weeks old and has just started sleeping for 6 hours at - praise the lord!!! the first few weeks were a total blur of snatched minutes of sleep but at least now i see there is light at the end of the tunnel. We're really lucky that we have help from our parents. Joe is stopping at my mum and dads tonight and we're having a much needed night off from the baby monitor!! Im resisting temptation to ring and find out how hes doing.....well for now anyway!!

I'm sulking now, my youngest is 14m soon and still wakes at least EVERY couple of hours throughout the night - every hour if she really wants to punish me!! I could cry! I've forgotten how blissful sleep should be lol

But I do feel for you.....its awful how life seems to pass you be and yet nothing seems to change - you're still knelt on the floor with a wet nappy and a handful of baby wipes while everyone else seems to have themselves one of those things called a life!

People that don't have children keep asking me when I'm going to have number two (number one is 20 months old). Thank you, Natalie, for reminding me why I'm waiting for as long as possible.:)

People that don't have children keep asking me when I'm going to have number two (number one is 20 months old). Thank you, Natalie, for reminding me why I'm waiting for as long as possible.:)

DON'T DO IT!!!!! lmao

There's 6 weeks short of 2 yrs between 1 and 2, and just over 3 years between 2 and 3

(((Natalie)))

I have every sympathy. I have gone from having one child to care for 4 in the last 16 months. Not a miracle, I had dd1 age 7, had a baby & then my husbands two kids came to live with us. I feel the same. My days mingle into one & I wonder where the weeks go too. I feel like I am going mad sometimes too. I try to keep positive though. lots of good points to it all.

Not much help for you here, sorry. Just a whole lot of sympathy. It can only get easier.

Take Care xx

I so remember how this feels, and you have my sympathy! Hang on in there! It does get better, honest (well, there'll always be new "challenges" but that's life...;))

My words of wisdom, for what they're worth: absolute bare minimum of housework (who cares, anyway?!) and snatch whatever sleep you can. I was lucky enough to have an hour, sometimes even two, after lunch when both would sleep. So I would unplug the phone, close my eyes to the chaos, and sleep as well.

Oh and get out of the house with them whenever you can. A screaming tantrum in the park even in the pouring rain somehow doesn't seem so bad as when it's enclosed within 4 walls. You might even be able to turn it into a game. Let the other mums stare!

Make the absolute most of the happy moments,too. As my dear old father-in-law is always saying to me: "They grow up much too quickly." :)

i know everyone keeps says how lovely it will be when theyre older and can play together but now is so hard. Theyve now both got coughs and colds AGAIN and after that will prob be teeth again...will it ever end? im thinking of getting a cleaner but dont know how they could clean as its so untidy! Gees and i was consdiering going back to work part time for my sanity! I think its true what people say, all you feel after having children is guilt. Guilty BIG goes to nursery, guilty i dont do home baking, or much cooking, house is tip, OH stressed out covering two wages, guilty if one wakes the other, guilty when BIG launches himself at SMALL and i shout in shock, guilty BIG cant play outside as cant afford railings yet, guilty bedtimes are so hectic, guilty i dont work but guilty i give time to volunteer(how does that work out?), guilty for aching for night out but dont bother as broken sleep even worse with few glasses of vino! guilty i feel guilty when i shouldnt as ive been blessed with babies! :gag:

Apart from that, theyre brill:D