Where can I play table tennis?

just to update on the tables, Barkers Pool (1) Tudor Sq (2) Millenium Sq (1) Fargate (2) Cathedral (1) Railway Station (1)Peace Gardens (1) Ponds Forge (2) Meadowhall (2) Devonshire Green (2) Centretainment (2) Botanical Gardens (1) EIS (2) Plus a few more If you go on the Sheffield League website and click on the PING link it will tell you them all .

Hi,

I thought I just add my request to this existing thread:

I would like to find somewhere / someone to play! I can play ok but don't like to play competitively and don't enjoy scoring much, I find it a lot more fun to play freely. Anybody out there who'd be interested to get together on a regular basis for an hour or so, and knows of a place where to play - preferably somewhere close to S6?

Wadsley Bridge table tennis club is opening for "Free Table Tennis 4 All" as part of the Join in Sport weekend between the Olympics and Paralympics. Adults 12 to 3pm on 18th and 19th August, Mousehole Forge, Malin Bridge, down the bridleway at the bottom of Stannington Road. All ages and abilities welcome.

One of our coaches is running a free taster session for juniors 10am to 12 noon on the same days.

Hi - I play to a fairly good level [beat a uk top 60-70 player in a match during the summer] - i'm looking for a club in Sheffield where I can practice [mainly] and maybe play the odd league match - I'm a modern style defender and need lots of room so small venues are out - does anyone know anywhere I can practice / train?

Cheers

Goodwins have a table tennis table you can rent out, we see people using it when we play badminton.

All the Sheffield Clubs and contact details can be found on the Sheffield Table Tennis League Web Site at http://www.sheffieldtabletennis.co.uk on the Clubs tab. Vulcan based at Attercliffe Church, Crookes based at 40 Crookes, and Abbeydale based at Abbeydale Sports Club are amongst the biggest. My own club, Wadsley Bridge, is based at Mousehole Forge, Malin Bridge. It is very basic but is available free to members at most times. The match table is in a space about 9m long. Most of our matches are played at Forge Valley Community School and have a playing space about 9.5m by 5m. We can accommodate additional members in Div 2, 3, 4 and 5. We are having an open weekend at Mousehole Forge 12-3pm Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th August if you want to come and have a look.

Sheffield Wadsley Bridge Premier Table Tennis Club has recently relocated to purpose-designed table tennis hall at Sheffield Wednesday Football Club. New adult and junior members welcome. From £20 per year. See our web site for up to date details. https://sites.google.com/site/wadsleybridgettc/home

There is a TT come and play session at Darnall Baptist Church on Thursday mornings , starts about 10.00 Players of All abilities , coaching is available at a cost if needed.

Run by Inclusive ping pong in conjunction with The Albert TTC.

Wadsley Bridge TT Club using the new facility at Hillsborough Stadium.

Hi, there's a purpose newly fitted, table tennis club at Sheffield Wednesday FC.

Practice night is Monday 7.15 pm - 9-15 pm - only £2 for visitors - but encouraged to join if you come regularly.

Match night is Wednesday for league players, sometimes a spare practice table too.

Under the North Wing - side of the Wednesday kit shop

---------- Post added 01-11-2016 at 19:49 ----------

I would be interested in a table tennis partner, someone of a high standard, preferably a division 5 or 4 player to help improve my game. Especially if able to practice in the daytime.

Anybody ?

I'm proposing a social table tennis evening where people meet and play table tennis at the Picture Social House (and maybe have beer and pizza!)

Maybe Thursday evenings? Or Sunday afternoon/evening?

What do people think?

http://www.picture-house-social.com/

Edited by humnyar

Sheffield Wadsley Bridge Premier Table Tennis Club has recently relocated to Stannington. Community Centre..  Our junior sessions are held at 6pm on Fridays, followed by our adult social sessions at 7.30.  You can just turn up; first session is free.  New adult and junior members welcome.   See our web site for up to date details.  https://sites.google.com/site/wadsleybridgettc/home