Junction Road Woodhouse.

The area behind the bus stop was earmarked for development years ago, just after David Close was built on Hannah Road. I think it was to be called Isobel Street, but never came to fruition.

It still doesn't mean the land should be developed. I have fond memories of apple and pear picking from those trees, and visiting "Soldier Blue" in his field.

I was just thinking about soldier blue when I started reading this thread.

We used to go and feed him apples, carrots etc as kids.

My nans sister lived in one of those big old houses on the right down the lane. Orchard in the back garden, we used to pick fruit all the time.

I used to love visiting them in the summer with my nan.

if anybody is actually familiar with the area, they'll already know that the reason the road was resurfaced was for access to the junction box itself, as that has been refurbished, and now seems to have alot more vans in its yard than it ever did before

what's the point in resurfacing something you're going to dig up again to install drainage and power?

we walked down junction road yesterday, and I have to say, I'm a bit concerned with the concept of 4 storey flats down there - unless that's only going to be bang opposite the 4 storey flats of the retirement village

they'd better do something with the road junction outside the pub though

it's already a nightmare trying to get out of the station carpark safely, but with the increased traffic from directions it doesn't come from at the moment, we can expect the mortality rate of doddery old drivers coming out of the retirement village to be sky high!!

Hi strix if you go on the councils planning site 05/04573/FUL you will see what they are proposing .we too walk down tha road,obviosly ,i am not in favour of the proposed development perhaps if it did not stretch over such a long area it might be bette .Ben Bailey would probably say to build less would not be cost effective,but should developers get away with having planning granted for this reason off the soapbox now but just in case any one thinks i am a n.i.m.b.y. This is not the case :|

A shame they couldn't build it on the waste land beside the Rehabilitation Centre on Beighton Road.

Just been looking at the planning documents. I am quite amazed that such personal information, such as objection letters are available for all to see.

Sheffield council do let you know that all letters eithar eor or against will be shown.:smile: shebba