Junction Road Woodhouse.

The rural nature of Junction Road Woodhouse is under threat again from a property developer. Amended plans for the erection of 52 houses and 35 flats (3 and 4 story connected block) down the left hand side of Junction road. From the 52 bus terminus right down to the signal box. With the development of Soap House Lane and the imminent opening of the incongrous retirement 'village'. I consider this are of Woodhouse has had sufficient residential development recently, how do others from Woodhouse or anywhere feel?

Shebba:confused:

The rural nature of Junction Road Woodhouse is under threat again from a property developer. Amended plans for the erection of 52 houses and 35 flats (3 and 4 story connected block) down the left hand side of Junction road. From the 52 bus terminus right down to the signal box. With the development of Soap House Lane and the imminent opening of the incongrous retirement 'village'. I consider this are of Woodhouse has had sufficient residential development recently, how do others from Woodhouse or anywhere feel?

Shebba:confused:

To be honest we live at the other side of the railway bridge at Woodhouse and can't see the problem with this. Its loads better than the proposed rail development at the end of Woodhouse which most people on this Forum have been in favour of.

Hi happylady not against the idea of the retirement village just think the building is to high not what i wish to see in a village.what i was objecting to on the forum is the size of the planning application going down Junction Road.It has a greenbelt corridor through the middle of it.Lots of wildlife ,ect ect.If you are against Net Work Rail hope you have objected ,have you seen stop them in their tracks web site.They are working realy hard to get it stopped. Shebba

so is this going to be built on the site of the scrap merchants?

I fail to see how this patch of land falls into the category of 'rural nature' :confused:

oh, and as for a portion of the residents already in Junction Road... apparently it was re-tarmacked to enhance it's use as a racetrack :rant:

Hi happylady not against the idea of the retirement village just think the building is to high not what i wish to see in a village.what i was objecting to on the forum is the size of the planning application going down Junction Road.It has a greenbelt corridor through the middle of it.Lots of wildlife ,ect ect.If you are against Net Work Rail hope you have objected ,have you seen stop them in their tracks web site.They are working realy hard to get it stopped. Shebba

Hi Shebba, have been actively involved with Stop them in Your Tracks. Last thing I heard the Council mtg had been put even further back. I am on the mailing group so if you wish me to forward info on pm me your email address - they're wanting to circulate info as far as possible.

I agree that the retirement village is too high and feel very sorry for anyone whose home has been impacted upon. To my mind there's enough accommodation in Woodhouse for old folks so not sure why we've had this one built and feel that the high visibility of it has just got locals backs up which isn't a good thing to do.

Hi strix yes you are right the scrapyard is part of the area they are applying to develop on,but it is only a very small part of it.Perhaps folk might have different ideas about the application now they can see what a visual impact the retirement village has.

Junction Road was re-surfaced by Net Work Rail last year may be i am cynical but possibly a sweetner to get locals to be a little sympathetic for their planning application?Yes youre right again some idiots do race up and down unfortunatley their are idiots everywhere.:wink:

yes starting from the top of Junction Road straight down to the signal box.Soon there will be no open spaces left in this side of Sheffield.Perhaps it would be a reasonable idea for Sheffield planning department to hold back on any decision and see how things go when the retirement village is up and running. shebba

Hi strix yes you are right the scrapyard is part of the area they are applying to develop on,but it is only a very small part of it.Perhaps folk might have different ideas about the application now they can see what a visual impact the retirement village has.

Junction Road was re-surfaced by Net Work Rail last year may be i am cynical but possibly a sweetner to get locals to be a little sympathetic for their planning application?Yes youre right again some idiots do race up and down unfortunatley their are idiots everywhere.:wink:

Was it a case of resurfacing to make it easier for them when they starting constructing the building! Think it'd take more than that to sweeten up the locals

The area behind the bus stop was earmarked for development years ago, just after David Close was built on Hannah Road. I think it was to be called Isobel Street, but never came to fruition.

It still doesn't mean the land should be developed. I have fond memories of apple and pear picking from those trees, and visiting "Soldier Blue" in his field.

No not much of a sweetner.Did you live at Woodhouse alchresearch, going back afew years to remember Zoe s horse.How about peter pan? shebba

Yeah, Badger estate from 73-88 then Tithe Barn 88-99.

Spent a lot of my time down Soap House Lane, Junction Road and Peter Pan's Cave, the lineside down to Rother Valley and Shirebrook, Flockton Park and The Dyke, mainly on my Raleigh Chopper!