Staniland Family

My late cousin married Peter Staniland and they emigrated to Australia. I think he came from Worksop.

Hey thanks for this hillsbro yes it will have been 1938 as he was 49 not 47 when he passed away my mistake my mam did have a sister called Valerie and a brother called graham i know Valerie passed years ago and i haven't seen graham since mams funeral im sure she had more brothers/sisters like i say he was a complicated woman who never really spoke about family at all it would be great with this extra information to possibly track down family members to be honest i got used to this situation of not knowing family as a child i have tried searching in the past and got no were really this is a great help thank you so much....

Hello Mike Stan, I've just seen your post from 2 yrs ago and I can confirm the info posted by Hilllsbro. Apologies if you have got on further with your family research but it appears we are related. Your Grandfather Walter Staniland married Elizabeth Fox, they were the younger brother and sister of my grandparents Percy Staniland and Mary Ann Fox. Your dad Walter had a sister Joyce who I met at her cousins funeral (my aunt) a couple of years ago. I attended with my dad Norman (mentioned by hillsbro). I've traced the Stanilands and Foxes back a few generations and can provide you details.

Sounds like theyre related to the stanilands that use to live on masters crescent at parsons cross, Ernest and Jessie.

Their offspring were Ernest,walter, kathleen, Edna,keith, Billy and susan.

Wasnt there also relatives of theirs that use to live near scotland street.

I no an Eric Staniland who was born I think in Stocksbridge.

I hghfdhgfjhg

Edited by EdmundH

Anybody from the surname STANILAND there seems to b quite a few

Have you been on

findagrave.com

there are a few Staniland on this site

Have you been on

findagrave.com

there are a few Staniland on this site

There was a John Staniland that went

to Hartley Brook School

I am Andrew Staniland. Used to live in Heeley and then Oughtibridge.

On 12/03/2017 at 21:33, Stanmacc said:

Hello Mike Stan, I've just seen your post from 2 yrs ago and I can confirm the info posted by Hilllsbro. Apologies if you have got on further with your family research but it appears we are related. Your Grandfather Walter Staniland married Elizabeth Fox, they were the younger brother and sister of my grandparents Percy Staniland and Mary Ann Fox. Your dad Walter had a sister Joyce who I met at her cousins funeral (my aunt) a couple of years ago. I attended with my dad Norman (mentioned by hillsbro). I've traced the Stanilands and Foxes back a few generations and can provide you details.

Oh my days its been a long time since i've checked in on here did not think that it was that long ago so would this make us 2nd cousins not sure lol yes i would love to know more even take the family up to sheffield one day in hope to meet family etc

I knew an Ian Staniland in 1967 - who used to cycle with the Sheffield Sports cycling club - I think he went to Oz.

On 15/08/2020 at 18:59, Mike Stan said:

Oh my days its been a long time since i've checked in on here did not think that it was that long ago so would this make us 2nd cousins not sure lol yes i would love to know more even take the family up to sheffield one day in hope to meet family etc

Hi Mike,

My sincere apologies but I’ve not been back to the site since you last posted.

I have contact details for one of your 1st cousins (son of Joyce) who still lives in Sheffield. This forum won’t let me PM them to you but you maybe able to PM me and I can get them to you directly.

I hope you pick this up and reply,

David

1 minute ago, Stanmacc said:

Hi Mike,

My sincere apologies but I’ve not been back to the site since you last posted.

I have contact details for one of your 1st cousins (son of Joyce) who still lives in Sheffield. This forum won’t let me PM them to you but you maybe able to PM me and I can get them to you directly.

I hope you pick this up and reply,

David

BTW - I no longer live in Sheffield!

I remember that Stanilands had a fruit and veg stall in the Sheffield Market

I also knew one of the sons, Vincent, he moved to Aston around 1962 - he and his wife had a very young child, but no idea if it was a boy or a girl

With one of his neighbour's, at the time he tried to start  Aston Residents Association, meeting once a week at the Yellow Lion Pub in Aston

Vince worked on the family stall in the market.

We would all be in our 20's then 

I lived in Swallownest at that time, but left in 1963 to live and work in Oldham, back to Swallownest  a few years later, then to Driffield near Bridlington in 1968, then to Malaysia, at the start of 2007 - still living in Malaysia at 83.

Hope this brief information helps all of you gather more Staniland Family  information and history

Best Wishes - V.M. Hutchinson - Wangsa Baiduri, Subang Jaya, State of Selangor, Malaysia - around 93 to 94 degrees, 365 days a year🌞👌