Staniland Family

Anybody from the surname STANILAND there seems to b quite a few

Mick and Kieth off parson cross knew them well! Jess worked at ESSOLDO PICTURES on Barnsley rd our local flea pit :hihi: Iknow they kept pigeons at one time or another ?

Mick and Kieth off parson cross knew them well! Jess worked at ESSOLDO PICTURES on Barnsley rd our local flea pit :hihi: Iknow they kept pigeons at one time or another ? can remember Trevor Staniland from owler lane as well some relation of theirs.

Hi Denlin

The Walter Staniland I went to school would have been 72 years nowm so the Walter you knew couldn't be the same one.

At Hillsborough school his best mate was Barry Swanstone from Lofthouse Road in Owlerton.

Does anyone else remember these two buddies?

Hi Denlin

The Walter Staniland I went to school would have been 72 years nowm so the Walter you knew couldn't be the same one.

At Hillsborough school his best mate was Barry Swanstone from Lofthouse Road in Owlerton.

Does anyone else remember these two buddies?

Was walter related to cyril and irene??

there are loads in oughtibridge and there on facebook

Jean Staniland was at school with me, Anns road, 1973

Edited by hello1964

i knew of stanilands, louise&john, they lived on foxhill-opposite basset pub, i went 2school wi louise, a tall tjin las wi blond hair,john wer into heavy metal,

There was tha family who lived on Grove Street with 5 brothers named Staniland les ,gordon trevoe raymond and one other i forget

I went to Hillsborough county School on Parkside Road with a Walter Staniland. His family lived on Harewood Road in Owlerton near the Bassett's Sweets factory.

I believe he has now passed over but he would have been about 70 years old today.

Any use? PopT

Was this the family who had a daughter named Sandra , she got killed on Penistone road/Parkside road,would think around 1952.

A Margaret Staniland worked for Boots, High Street, Sheffield in the middle to late 1960's.

I've just stumbled across this forum basically in search for my fathers family or any background as possible .

His name is Walter Staniland sheffield born roughly on the 7th november 1940 died at the age of 47 back in 1987 joined the D.L.I married my mother beryl bradshaw (she worked at bassetts) finally settled down in Hartlepool Had 4 children Andrew,Dawn,Michelle and myself Michael i really dont know anything about my family as my father passed when i was young and my mother was a complicated woman to say the least who has also passed and left me needing answers regarding family etc as i dont know any of them and now im 41 with children myself who are now asking me about my family i have no answers to give them as i am the last Staniland in hartlepool

I know this is a old post i sure hope some-one or even some fellow stanilands can help me on this mission i do have photos of my mam and dad if they can be uploaded on here i dont know if they can i will upload if /when i get a response from you all.

Thanks

Hi Mike - welcome to the Forum!.:) I can give some information from public records. The marriages index confirms that Walter Staniland married Beryl Bradshaw in Sheffield in 1958. Walter was evidently born in 1938, as there is a births index entry for Oct-Dec 1938, giving his mother's maiden name Fox. His parents were most likely Walter Staniland and Elizabeth Fox who married in the Wortley (North Sheffield) district in 1928. On this basis your father may possibly have had an older brother Norman, born Apr-Jun 1931 or a sister Joyce, born Oct-Dec 1931. Your mum is likely to have been the Beryl Bradshaw who was born in Sheffield in Jan-Mar 1937, her mother's maiden name being given as Crowe. A Lawrence Bradshaw married a Violet Crowe in Sheffield in 1935. So your mother may have had an older sister Violet L. Bradshaw, born Oct-Dec 1935. Violet evidently married Albert Smith in Sheffield in 1956, possible children being Lorraine M., Dean A, Mark Eric A. and Kathryn Jayne, born 1958, 1964, 1967 and 1970 respectively. I found a death record of a Walter Staniland who died in the Central Cleveland district in Oct-Dec 1987, his date of birth being given as 7 November 1938.

Edited by hillsbro