Oakwood Beer Festival

Does anybody know which Public Houses will be selling tickets?

Does anybody know which Public Houses will be selling tickets?

Its on the site now:

Rotherham:

Tesco, Rotherham town centre

ASDA, Dalton

Morrisons, Parkgate and Bramley

Tourist Office and Library, Rotherham town centre

The Hind and The Sitwell Arms, Whiston

Crinoline Bridge Inn

The Beehive, Harthill

The Loyal Trooper, Anston

George & Dragon, Wentworth

Hare & Hounds, Wellgate

Bay Horse, Scholes

Sheffield :

The Fat Cat

Hillsborough Hotel

Devonshire Cat

Kelham Island Tavern

Tourist Office

Doncaster :

Tourist Office

Thank you for your :help:, Mr or Mrs Meaks. :)

I'll be there behind one of the bars.... should be as good as ever, with about 250 cask beers on handpump across 11 bars in a school, plus wine, cider, perry and continental lagers.

Advance tickets essential, not just to guarantee entry but to avoid paying the full entry price on the door. Advance tickets also include a free bus ride with First to the festival from anywhere in South Yorkshire. As well as the pubs listed above, they are available by post from Oakwood Technology College - see website.

I will have to buy four or five tickets for my sister and her fiancée and friends.

Edited by dacrlit
Because it was wrong the first time.

I have bought two tickets for my sister and her fiancée and my dad has bought two tickets for their two friends.

Folks, Oakwood Real Ale & Music festival is now on!

Tonight (Thursday) is a preview night exclusive to CAMRA members and sponsors - entry just the £2 cost of a glass.

Opens to everyone Friday night 6pm-11pm and Saturday 12pm-5pm then 6pm-11pm. Entry £10 on the door (less for CAMRA members) or £7.50 in advance including glass and bus ride home with First. In Sheffield tickets on sale at Devonshire Cat, Kelham Island Tavern and Visitor Information office amongst others.

Beer tokens are £1.20 each and get you half a pint (some stronger beers and ciders carry a small premium).

The festival features over 200 real ales, all on handpump and a great range of Ciders, Perries and imported European beers too.

To get there head for Rotherham Interchange and any bus from stands A6 and A7 will take you to the festival, buses every 15 minutes, journey time 10 minutes. To get to Rotherham Interchange from Sheffield Centre get the 69 or X78, alternatively the Interchange is only a couple of minutes walk from Rotherham Central railway station.

http://www.realale-oakwoodtc.org for more about the festival.

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com for travel information.

Beer of the festival competition

Judges were blind-tasting the beers on Tuesday night in advance of the festival opening to decide the champion beers and here are the top 3.....

1 - Abbeydale Black Mass

2 - Thornbridge Jaipur IPA

3 - Little Valley Fairtrade Ginger

Bit on the pricey side for the casual punter, don't you think? I can see a £10 admission fee putting off an awful lot of non-CAMRA members who'd really enjoy this. £5 would have been better - I can only assume it's down to the cost of hiring the venue but it seems well over the odds.

Bit on the pricey side for the casual punter, don't you think? I can see a £10 admission fee putting off an awful lot of non-CAMRA members who'd really enjoy this. £5 would have been better - I can only assume it's down to the cost of hiring the venue but it seems well over the odds.

Its put me off!