Oakwood Beer Festival

Yep, and who's taking you there and fetching you back?!

Our happy little band are eternally greatful for your generosity and your car.

I'll be there Saturday afternoon! :banana:

Cheap entry for members. :)

Its usually one of the best beer festivals around.

Do we really need to encourage binge drinking?

To me, if things like this must go ahead then why not have soft drinks instead of ones with alcohol in them?

A beer festival without the beer, that's an interesting concept. I dont think it will catch on though.

When I go to the festival on Saturday I will be drinking halves of selected beers that I want to try because I'm interested in broadening my beer drinking experience and to know what to look for when guest beers are avilable in the pubs I frequent.

I will not be quaffing pints in huge quantities and getting drunk, strangely this kind of behavior is frowned upon by the organisers and surprisingly rarely happens, people are generally very well behaved, although to be fair when I go to beer festivals I go in the afternoons so I don't see the after effects of the evening sessions.

To me, if things like this must go ahead then why not have soft drinks instead of ones with alcohol in them?

Think your onto a winner there, a real crowd puller.

I for one will be at the beer festival and will be we lubricated before using one of your finest busses for free to get me home.

Don't be so special!

Binge drinking is a result of supermarkets selling slabs of cheap lager at 23p a can and then drunk youths going into town looking to pull some equally drunk slapper and then when they are unsuccessful they fight each other!

How does kids and lager relate to adults and beer?

P.S. Soft drinks will be available on the night for anyone who has completely missed the point...or is driving!

I volunteer at this Beer Festival each year and will be there tonight. I have just spoke to one of the organizers who informs me that it was very busy last night and not an ounce of trouble anywhere ... lots of drinks available including a variety of soft ones!

It's a really great night - coming from one who is usually sober as I am the designated driver!

Come along and enjoy yourselves- you wont regret it !

HI... Sorry.... I started a new thread... durrrrr!!

I have heard rumours that this could be the last beer festival... please NO!

This is one of the best events ( beer drinking) in the area and I usually have a house full of drunkards by the end of the night sleeping off the ale. I live nearby ( a walk away)!!!

HI... Sorry.... I started a new thread... durrrrr!!

I have heard rumours that this could be the last beer festival... please NO!

This is one of the best events ( beer drinking) in the area and I usually have a house full of drunkards by the end of the night sleeping off the ale. I live nearby ( a walk away)!!!

Where have you heard that?

:sad: Think that is correct.

As I understand it the only way the Festival goes ahead is due to the co-operation/organization of the current Headteacher. She is retiring and perhaps the post holder doesnt want to take it on?

(it takes over a week alone on setting up, 5 sessions, clearing up etc)

also its such a large undertaking I dont think even CAMRA want to do it! .. I could be mistaken on that though ..

Please don't let that be the case. There must be other suitable venues in Rotherham that could host it, or if not Rotherham then where else? Its too good a festival to just stop!

I hope this is just unfounded rumour. :|